the people at work drive me crazy...at the same time I'm amazed that we even get along with on another....
With so many women working together the customers need to count thier blessing they have made it out safely...lol
We have got one girl..she's young, she'll learn ( I hope)...that proceeds to get into everyone's business, she pokes, prods, then stirs the mix, after all this walks away saying she has done nothing at all...I have told her on a couple of occasions, It is NOT safe to Stir women, especially those whom are old enough to be your mothers even G'ma's...you might be able to do that at home, but NOT at work.....she is the type of person that knows she is management material...without having to have any training....like I said she's young...
Hopefully the natives will remain calm..crossing my fingers...
We also have another native...she is not in her right frame of mind...I truly am concerned for her. She seems amiss some how, she's happy & lonely at the same time...I haven't been the best I could be with her...I suppose I need to work on that..another tribe member is 60ish ...will remind you every opportunity that she can knock your lights out....she's happy & lonely too, but she doesn't know it.....
Our head cashiers...they have a difficult job in my opinion..they are doers for customers, workers and management...they get thrown stuff everyday...much like a nurse in a hospital whom take care of their patient, doctors, administration, and visitors. I find it amazing to able to handle those stresses. (kudos to my nursing buddies)...Holla
with all this negativity...I must inform you too, that we did succeed with Store of the year 08, in our district...we do work hard, we do take care of our customers, and oddly enough we get along most of the time...
I think I might bring in some chocolate today when I report for duty....that always soothes restless natives...lol
I think chocolate sounds like a great idea! Keeping you in my thoughts. Try to have a good day!
ReplyDeleteI like the idea of bringing in the chocolate. My husband,a manager at one of the hospitals here in one of the departments, always has a candy dish full of those little Hershey nuggets. People know they can come in to his office to get their chocolate fix and to sit down and talk for a minute or two if he's available. It hink chocolate is soothing, if it just didn't have so many calories!!
ReplyDeleteWorking at home like I do, I miss the interaction of working with other workers; always an adventure when you put a lot of people together and try to have them get along with each other, seems like your store is doing pretty good with it if you got store of the year in 2008!!
betty
Have a good rest of your day.
ReplyDeleteChocolate is a wonderful bonding instrument for contrary women, lol. I hope it helped.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great opportunity to "pray unceasingly!" That is one of the things I ended up doing during the last few years before this disability retirement came up. Pray for me (to be Christ like) and for them (their problems, attitudes, etc.)
ReplyDeleteWe all have problems when we have to interact with imperfect human beings day in and day out, but you sound like you are doing a pretty good job of keeping a handle on it.
I've said a prayer for you... Linda
PS... Dark chocolate is the new "healthy for you" craze, haven't you heard!