Between two evils, choose neither; between two goods, choose both. Tryon Edwards 1809 - 1894
Trifling Minutiae...
Vermont - All residents shall bathe every Saturday night.
Ottumwa IA - Within the city limits, a man may not wink at any woman he does not know.
Here's some food for thought with tough times all around us, maybe you need some help, or better yet, maybe you can help a neighbor, a friend, or a complete stranger.....check out this site.
Spicy Ravioli & Cheese....pleazzzz .....one of C-boy fav
Chopped yellow, red & green bell peppers
Chopped red onion
1 1/2 c Salsa
Olive oil for sautéing
4oz Mozzarella Cheese....pleeezzz
1 pkg frozen Ravioli
Your favorite Italian spices (or Season Salt)
Saute bell peppers & onion with oil. Season to taste.
Prepare ravioli according to package directions.
Pour 1/2 of salsa in bottom of 8" baking dish, alternate layers of bell peppers & onions, ravioli, cheese. repeat. Pour remaining salsa over top. Cover with foil, bake 350 15 - 20 minutes.
Serve with bread, & salad...even have a drink of wine!
Yesterday we received additional good news for Cboy. His university gave him another scholarship, thus lower our responsibility....whew
Our heat index is really climbing, the Gulf waters warming....(I hate that hurricanes love warm water)...3 days ago at work an associate passed out from the heat...she was working in our Garden dept...omgoodness it was soooo scary...she's doing better...
I thought about the managers as they were tending to her...they showed their inexperience when tending to medical needs...then I was upset at our over-protective mother hen..she would not call 911 cuz the "recovering" associate who passed out said no, she also said no to calling her husband, no to water, no to leaving work....hummm....let's see here, maybe we should tend to her & stop asking ????.....grrr
I went to the medical cabinet broke open a ice pack, placed that on her neck, mother hen gave me words about doing that..."I'm not sure that is necessary"....I looked at her, placed it on the associates neck, & said I'm calling your husband...be right back....
The associate is feeling better....this women is in her mid 70's... why they had her outside is beyond me...They made a rotation, and she got the short straw...she never complained, but she should have never been placed outside.
They rotated cuz the other full-time associate regularly "smarts" off to the customers, rather than fire her, they bring her in...now she is acting as if she has never been "trained" to do anything. She is becoming a thorn in my side....
Last night she started asking questions again...I said look...P, you & I both know, that you know your job...do not ask me for a what, when, who...you have been employed here for 5 years....stop the act...you'll get more respect if you just start to do....She looked at me gave no response, & return to cashiering....
As far as I'm concerned she knows her boundary with me. Such a soap opera eh?
Everyone knows that I hold nothing back...it's not intended to be mean...I just call it like I see it...
I have 24 years of experience with behavior...I am a mother of an adult special needs...We "re-direct" it from him, why would I accept anything different from someone else...Oi, Vai!, Mashugga..

I'm glad that you took over the situation. I agree with you that woman does not need to be outside in that heat! You go girl on the other woman!
ReplyDeletethat recipe looks good, Cindi; I'll have to try it (and especially the wine LOL)
ReplyDeleteI have heard of Angel Tree Ministries; I think its awesome that there are places like this helping others in this time of need
loved your Sunday saying; that is so true!
so sad about that employee who passed out; so sad she still has to be working in her 70s. Got to admire her though for pushing through and not complaining; the younger generation needs to take lessons from her
I keep saying it, but retail is a hard job!! Kudos to you for trying to do the best you can
congrats to college boy for the scholarship!!!
betty
Thank you Cindi for commenting on my blog. I love the looks of your blog. A little explanation , sort of about the alcoholic. The complete family has put us through a living hell for nearly 40 years. First the mother and now the one that inherited the house. They have harassed us beyond belief. I think he is trying to get under my skin enough to acknowledge his presence and so far I have resisted. As I said I do have a short fuse but trying to keep it under control. We have had to call the police on them numerous times over the years. Finally after the police coming out every night for 2 weeks because the radio was so loud in their garage , it shook our windows,they were told one more time out here they would fine them one hundred dollars and a repeat it would go up another hundred. So they think I am the instigator and will try everything they can to get me. Sorry I took so much space up. You did the right thing for that lady. Thank you for your concern. You never know what a drunk will do and my feeling of creepiness just started in the last few days.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same as Betty. Too bad that associate was still working in her 70's. I'm looking forward to retirement and I know things will be tight moneywise but I'm tired of working. Some just can stop I guess or sadly still need to work to survive. We never know what others have to do.
ReplyDelete