Warning!!..Severe weather....or is it Severe Whining??? hum....

I'm sorry if is sounds like I'm repeating myself, but....

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm repeating myself, but....lol...

I have to vent about my job...you know my blog & all...

anyhoo....PEOPLE drive me crazy!!!!  ...I can not continue pleasing every customer (aka Crazies).    It has now become completely humorous. 

Last night Mother Nature said hello...Holla Mama!.....She was a tad upset, I have no idea why, but she was...so the little rain turn into extremely high winds, torrential downpour of water.  Lightning...oh boy!....  I thought we had been transported to Niagara Falls NY with the amount of water..

The entrance & exit doors blew open with a GUST OF WIND, WATER, various DEBRIS.  So as our associates were battening down the hatches, the "Crazies" open theirs...thankfully no one suffered injury.

The downpour lasted for 2 hrs with only a couple of breaks in between...I understand why be stuck inside a stupid building, but hey people (crazies) why drive the roads with flooding waters?...The storm ripped off the garden centers canopy, whipped the registers from their assigned position these are bolted down to cement....twisted the gates, threw plants, furniture...etc..   This was not a "typical" rain storm...It was SEVERE weather..Our lights were continuing to flicker...

Most of the people inside were completely well behaved....Yes, it was scary...yes I understand...I was out of my comfort zone too...Home is always safe to us...that's why when it is ripped out of our hands by fire, wind...etc ...well, you know how you would feel if it happened to you...

3 "crazies" come to mind tho...These people were fishing...they were wanting more from our company...future discounts maybe...I don't know...just plain compensation...

1)  30ish gentlemen came to the counter at the peak of the storm...demanding we send associates outside to collect the carts, because of the damages that "could" be afflicted to the (his) vehicles.

My response (using Disney voice)...Sir, management does not wish their staff or customers harm, therefore have refused to send any associate outside, if you wish to exit at your own risk you may do so...

30ish Crazy...If my car receives damage.....

Me (DV): Sir, management does not wish their STAFF or CUSTOMERS any harm....I understand we have carts flying with other debris outside...if you would like to talk to management...

30ish Crazy...walks away....giving me the "Evil" eye...

2) 60ish woman...ANGRY that she was held "inside" during the storm...???

me (DV):  Mme, the entrance & exit doors were open allowing you freedom to come & go as you wish. We had several people exit the building.....We had to shut the power to the doors, to control  anyone from receiving harm, due to flying DEBRIS.  Our associates manually operated the doors allowing entrance & exit to the building...

60ish woman (crazy)...Oh!...... she left giving me the "evil" eye..

The storm has past....Actually it was 2 storms, with a brief (5 minutes) interruption in between...Anyhoo, the storms are past us now...and this was...

3) 60ish man (crazy)...I need to make a purchase in the Garden center.

me (DV): Sir, I'm sorry but our center is closed..As you are aware the current storm left us with a significant amount of damage outside, and we can not allow any associates nor customers outside...

60ish Crazy:  Call management I want to talk with them....

me: ok

Management arrives...

This guys starts to DEMAND we open our center or he will no longer shop with us...

Management: I'm sorry you feel that way sir, would you like us to refund your purchase now while you are here?

CRAZY:...No, I demand you open your garden center....

Management: I'm sorry sir, but I am not opening our garden center we have significant...blah blah..

CRAZY....What is your name?..

Now, this went on for about 10 minutes....the customer left, with...You'll be hearing from me in the future, this is not over...Oi!

I thought he wasn't going to shop with us anymore???? hum.... 

See what I mean about crazies!!

Enjoy your WEEKEND DADS!

 

4 comments:

  1. That is really unbelievable. People are crazy. Somedays I wonder how they survive without so little commen sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. do people have common sense these days or did that get lost with some of the other stuff our country has lost?? geesh, bad storm - safety issues -- no brainer -- obey what those in charge are telling you to do because they have been trained on how to handle events like this -- geesh, makes you wonder what they would do if they were in Disneyland and something like this happened.......

    like I said before, retail is a HARD job

    I hope you don't have to work this weekend Cindi and can spend time with your family

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't you just want to shake them!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. retail is VERY hard work....I personally think EVERYONE should be forced to do it for at LEAST a year....loland then people would understand..and not treat you like crap!
    I did two years part time at Kohl's department store...WOW what wiedoes
    Melanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History