Long before it was used as a "kiss encourager" during the Christmas season, mistletoe had long been considered to have magic powers by Celtic and Teutonic peoples. It was said to have the ability to heal wounds and increase fertility. Celts hung mistletoe in their homes in order to bring themselves good luck and ward off evil spirits.
I'm almost done with my CHRISTmas cards...just a few more...I now have to write the "family" letter...this get's tougher each year... when the "boys" were growing up, more action at home to report on...now, it's pretty routine...but I know G'ma & the parents are going to want some news, plus cousins...etc...
Here's another video to enjoy...I removed my playlist, forgot it was on, so now you can really enjoy the music....
This video is so touching...the "girls" are sad that the business had to close it doors...sniff, sniff...lol during Christmas...awful...
Dolly did write a couple of good songs for this movie...it paid her well...
mistletoe means dung twig
ReplyDeleteI need to get some mistletoe!
ReplyDeleteI remember that movie very well. Quiet a stir back in the day.
ReplyDeleteI need to get started on my Christmas cards & wrapping a few things. I HATE TO WRAP! I put it off just as long as possible. LOL