Human beings are the only creatures on earth that allow their children to come back home. Bill Cosby 1937 -

Tex-Mex Casserole
2 lbs hash browns or Tator tots
Ground Beef or Turkey
16 oz Salsa or stewed tomatoes
Shredded sharp cheddar cheese...pleeeease..
Cook hash browns or Tator tots to package directions. After browning, place in 9x13 pan. In a large skillet brown meat, drain juices. Remove from heat, pour salsa over meat, mix together. Spoon meat mixture over potatoes, sprinkle with cheese..Bake uncovered 350 until cheese is bubbly.....ENJOY!
Always season to your taste....
Serve with chips, sour cream & guacamole....and fresh green Salad!


The local watering hole is calm this am...I thought the chairs looked inviting, nice place to sit back and read a book...but today I must make an appearance at work....DRAT!
Speaking of books, I finally finished reading The Shack by William P. Young....LOVED IT! If you haven't read this....go get it...It's touching, loving, heart-breaking...it has it all.....
Time for me to get on about my day....
Throw your penny thought in ....Here's to "Wishing" for your turn... Good luck

Yes, we are the only living things that allow our children back home, why didn`t I think of that...lol!
ReplyDeleteLove and Hugs
Sandra xxxx
The Casserole sounds great! Thanks for sharing! I could definitely sit in those chairs & relax. I hope your work day isn't too bad.
ReplyDeleteloved the Sunday saying; that is sooo true too! that recipe sounds good too; I copied it out to try. I love the pictures of the chairs by your watering hole; very relaxing I'm sure when you can sit there and enjoy nature and a good book
ReplyDeleteI personally didn't like The Shack; I didn't even finish reading it. I know its fiction and all, but I just didn't like how the author chose to portray the Lord
betty
Thanks for stopping by my blog. That casserole sounds so good you can bet I will be fixing it. I do love your entire blog. It is great. I survived raising 5 kids but the teen years are tough at times. Yes, from the darn bull calf scaring me I do not want to even go near a cow. It seemed like forever they let him run loose.
ReplyDeleteI have not had a tater tot casserole in years. Thanks for the recipe. I love the picture of the chairs. Looks like a nice place to read a book.
ReplyDelete