Writing is learning to say nothing, more cleverly each day. William Allingham 1821 - 1889
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. Theodor Geisel 1904 - 1991
I enjoyed our day at the beach yesterday. We were able to escape "reality". I felt as though we were "vacationing" somewhere far, far away....that's probably why we enjoy living here some much. The state is diverse, yet it isn't...new areas to investigate.
I need to check into the horse country around here too...Ocala is a few hours north of us, and there are rumors of some horse breeders around....I love horse racing...We watched a program on Fri night on Animal Planet called Jockeys....very thrilling....tough sport for those people...Weight issues for one....they had a couple of girl riders in the mix...interesting I thought....I'm sure the ladies really had to prove themselves worthy in order to "ride" with the fellas. Watching the videos and hearing the hooves pounding in the dirt...such power...amazing a 120 pound person is controlling a 1200 pound beast, at 40 miles per hour...with someone bumping into at the same time....yep, them jockeys are tough people...
Wait until you see a race live. WOW
ReplyDeleteBelieve it or not but I had my picture taken in the winner's circle with a couple of my friends at Delta Downs many years back. I can't remember the horse's name but I was just amazed especially since that was the first race and only race I've ever been to. Loved it!
ReplyDeleteThat is amazing.
ReplyDelete