Clara or Esmeralda?

Remember in the movie Steel Magnolias, when the hubby was shootin'  the loud birds out of the trees?  Well, I want to do that today....STARLINGS! Dang they are a noisy group...chatter, and clattering together I dont understand how they hear each other talking when they are all talking at the same time....we have these cute little doves cooing away, some chickadees waking up...but you cant hear em'  until those dang STARLINGS! leave...whew!

I have a million and one projects, but no energy, time or effort to get anything started...the boys rooms are still in need of paint and decor...I have to put up the valance in our nook area, our bedroom needs to be decorated. 

Why is it that when you move into a different home, you try to decorate with the same stuff, and it doesnt look as well as you last home?  I try to arrange the last few paintings or pics, and I dont like them....I loved them in our other homes, but I dont even want to put them up here....and I can't bear the thought of throwing them out???  I think I'll try re-framing them....hubby needs a new desk for his office...I havent even gone into "C-boy's" room since he went back to college, lord knows what I'll find in there...lol

No wonder it takes 3+ yrs to settle into a new living arrangement...ugh!  Boy I wish I could twitch like Samantha, or Tabatha, heck for that matter Endora, course with my lack of talent, I would probably be the bumbling Aunt Clara or was it Esmeralda.. they we're both goofy in that series...well I have put off the extra work long enough...ta ta!

 

File:Ghostley lorne.jpg

 

 

4 comments:

  1. I remember that movie! I cried & cried while watching it. Good luck in your decorating adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean - I do this for a living. Trying to make everything fit into a home. Just take it one day at a time, one room at a time. Have a wonderful Tuesday,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the decor. It does take time:)..........

    ReplyDelete
  4. you know, I know someone who sold one house (and now has another house on the market) and they sell the house with everything in it (furniture/decoration wise). They said they found it worked so much better to do it that way rather than take the things with them and try to fit that stuff into their new home. I could see the point, can't you??

    hope you find a home for those paintings!!

    I hear you about loud birds; the crows start early here and get everyone (Koda especially) going

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History