What a game eh? I was crying, pacing, borrowed Mrs Potato Head's ANGRY EYES a little bit....I would tell hubby, nope I'm not celebrating until the time has run out...whew.....my "boys" did a fine job. The Cards played well...heck why wouldn't they, they are in the NFL...I think last nights game was one of the finest...from beginning to the end...Our Nation Anthem sung beautifully, the commercials...so so they have had better...half time...the "Boss" and E Street rocked the house....and the game....one for the history books....I'm ordering a shirt I'll take that in XLIII please!
Yesterday I had to work in the morning, so I forgot to wear my STEELER jersey. I know, I know shameful...I'll wear my T-shirt today...that will have to do... My co-workers started in with cheering for the Cardinals early....I was working the Customer Service desk, I made a threat that I would start answering the phone with GO STEELERS, How may I direct your call? Of course, I would use my Disney voice...it would be pleasant....lol
I started to ring up customers, as I was chatting away asking my them who they were rootin' for .. if they even dared to mention the other team I would stop what I was doing and ask...I'm not sure I heard you correctly...You want the STEELERS to win...right? They would usually catch on and agree with me, some I would tell them point blank, your not getting your products until you say STEELERS so just make it easy for yourselves.
One gentleman was silent watching me carry on about my "boys", he moves from another lane, and waits in my line, other cashiers offer to assist him, he just nods no he is fine where he's at....when he gets up to my counter I ask my question....he puts in front of me bird seed to ring up...I notice a Cardinal on the package, I look up at him and his reply, QUESTIONS? I about sprung a leak laughing so hard....touché mon ami.

it was a great game! just how I wanted it; riveting to the end and close and the Steelers won!!!
ReplyDeleteI thought the commercials (some of them not all of them) were in very poor taste; there were lots funnier ones in years past
wear that shirt proudly!!
betty
Hi Cindi. I don't think I got as excited about the game as you did but I loved every minute of it. Yes, Betty, riveting to the very end and I didn't care who won:):):)'s
ReplyDeleteIt was a great gome.....there is something on my blog for you.....
ReplyDeleteStay safe and warm.....LindaMay