Oh, around 2:20 this morning the smoke detector in our room decides to start beeping....ok, the battery is low...we find this odd, cuz all the smoke detectors are hard wired in, or so we thought...anyhoo...our's elected attention early.....around 2:20 this am hubby, doing his best attempts to put it out of our misery ...this attempt somehow set the entire home a buzz.....when, pushed another button all the alarms stopped...we thought ok, must have needed to be "reset"...
I settle "Eldest" down, nothing wrong, just go back to sleep....he was easily directed to do so....about 5 minutes later.....yes, it started to beep again...too tired to attempt we grabbed our pillows a went into "C-boi's" room to sleep....his bed is a tad smaller than our own KING size...and much harder....as we squeeze our bodies onto this smaller frame (dbl bed)...the kittehs were curious as to the late night shenanigans, and had to investigate...Mercedes, decides that she will rest upon my hip...just as she & I were mere seconds away from falling asleep, hubby snorts a little...this sent the very skittish Mercedes flying directly into the wall (ouch)..I get up, try to find her, but she is obviously mad and wants nothing to do with me (poor kitteh)...I can hear the smoke detector beeping thru the common wall...so I get up, gather my pillows, find the recliner in the family room...again I have stirred the cats into curiosity...thus they investigate....Mercedes stays clear away...Bentley & Sylvester opt for a late night tumble since they are awake...once again we settle down for a couple hours rest...
Hubby awakes..his internal alarm goes off.he wants his tea, but since the family room is adjacent to the kitchen ..he goes to our room, gets the detector down...I go back to our room & rest.....hubby takes the detector to the garage to find where he can open to remove the battery cuz, even tho it has been removed from our ceiling...this detector is continuing its beeping
Hubby has just informed me he has looked, and looked for an area that would house a battery on this alarm, and has found none...so this detector is sitting on the shelf in the garage beeping away until hubby gets home to repair, fix, remove...do what ever to stop its beeping...I fear its like in the movie Bruce Almighty, God is trying to get our attention....
I've taken the battery of mine many times... It seems like they last for ever and all the sudden they all go. I have one on each of my 3 floors in the house.
ReplyDeleteWhere was the fire?
ReplyDeleteThose things are loud! Mine goes off sometimes when I am cooking.
ReplyDeleteAbout gives our poor dog a heart attack.
makes you want to smash it and start over doesn't it?? what an adventure! and the battery never gets low in the middle of the day; always at 2 o'clock in the morning
ReplyDeletebetty
You may need to keep a set of ear plugs handy, lol
ReplyDeleteI do not have a smoke alarm. The kids all moved out and Joe SAYS he has quit smoking and if he does he does not do it in front of me., He was told to quit altogther when he went into heart failure. I had one but it was going off constantly with smokers in the house all in one room.
ReplyDeleteArrrgh. Definitely a rough nites sleep. LOL about the cats!
ReplyDeleteOMGoodness, that would drive me bananas!!
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting today! And, have a great weekend.