Sunday Sayings....

 

 

It's hard for a man to keep a chip on his shoulder if you let him take a bow once in a while.  (from: Mrs G Phillips, Beaumont Kansas)

This is a quick easy meal...you can fry up some Italian Sausage...too

I would serve with cool applesauce...

Pepper & Egg Sandwich

Ingredients:

1 or 2 Tbs. olive oil
1 Clove garlic, finely minced
1/2 tsp Crushed red pepper flakes
1 Medium onion, thinly sliced
1/2 Red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1/2 Green bell pepper, thinly sliced
3 eggs, beaten
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1 Loaf Italian bread

Preparation:

Heat a sauté pan over medium heat then add enough olive oil to cover the bottom. Add the garlic and the crushed red pepper and sauté for a minute or two. Add the onion and peppers, regulating the heat so the onions don’t burn. Sauté until the peppers have softened.

Raise the heat to medium-high and add the beaten eggs. Stir to combine with the onions and peppers and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the eggs are set.

Slice the bread lengthwise without cutting all the way through. When the eggs are done, gently slide them onto the bread to make a sandwich and cut the loaf into four portions.

Serves 2 – 4

I had to work this am...I'm so excited to be able to watch my "boys"...STEELERS....play this afternoon against the Chicago Bears....

C-boi's team won their game this weekend...YIPPY 3-0 for the season...we are going for a visit....BIG YIPPY....We'll be able to see the trees changing...cooler temps...a little fall...Yes, I'm excited!

still have a stuffy head, but at least the body aches are over...whew!....thx for all the kinds thoughts & prayers...blogger buddies the best....off to watch some football...enjoy those egg & pepper sandwiches!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you are feeling better. Yay a road trip coming up!!!! Enjoy your football game. Hubby is watching one now..LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry about the Steelers :( but the Chargers didn't fare any better

    glad C-boy's team won and are off to a great season and you are planning a visit to see him; I know you all will enjoy

    glad you are feeling a bit better too :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment, Cindi. It is strange how she has her own ideas. It touched me deeply the way she put it. She said her dad from Ark. called just as she got home from the hospital and she couldn't talk to him much. She said I email my brothers so I don't cry. But mom I just know with you it doesn't matter cause I know you understand, and will be there if I need you more. Knowing her as well as I do she is letting me know that right now she is dealing, but she will come to me if that time comes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History