Last Blast: Take care that the face which looks out from your mirror in the morning is a pleasant face. You may not see it again all day, but others will. Mrs E Young, Caldwell KS
Last Blast: Hatred, if cultivated, will produce a bumper crop. Mrs L Barnaby, Yates Center KS
I have to work this afternoon, I wont be able to watch my "boys" STEELERS play ...this might be a good thing, considering the loss last week...lol
C-boi's team won 4-0 record so far...Yippy...and the Gators ate up some Wildcats...Praying for Tim Tebow, God willing that boy will be ok...this game is awful for parents!

I use this recipe a lot, make some bean burritos...pour the Verde over top, garnish with guacamole, sour cream....ahhhh.....warms the soul...
or serve as soup, serve with a warm flour torilla, or a cheese quesadilla
Enjoy!

CHILE VERDE (PORK STEW WITH GREEN CHILIES)
3 lbs. pork butt, cubed
1 lg. onion, chopped
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp. cumin
1 c. green chilies, chopped
1 to 2 Jalapenos, deseeded & chopped (optional)
3 tbsp. flour
Water
Salt & pepper
olive oil to saute
Cut away as much fat as possible from the pork and cut into cubes. Brown meat in olive oil. Remove from pan and sprinkle meat with the flour. Brown onions and garlic in frying pan until transparent, but not brown. Add meat, cumin, chilies to onion mixture and add water to cover. Simmer 2 to 3 hours. Add salt and pepper during last 1/2 hour.
I like the way that recipe sounds . Have to wait till flu bug flies away. When you get to my age you think at first you are just tired. But when you can't walk more than a few feet and your body is screaming all over, "hey stupid, you are sick" then you wake up and say Dang!! I used to have to work weekends every week. That can be a bummer. Love hearing from you.
ReplyDeleteglad C-Boi's team is doing soooo good! I did hear about the Tim Tebow's injury; it is a grueling sport for sure
ReplyDeletethat recipe sounds delicious :)
I love that saying to make sure our face is a pleasant face....very wise words indeed
Go Steelers!!!!
betty
I hope your work day wasn't too bad. I also hope your team did good. C-Boi's team is doing great. Have a good day
ReplyDeleteI copied the recipie and when my stomach feels a little more up to speed am going to try it. I am going to try to drink lots of water and take it easy today. If all else fails, I need a haircut and that usually perks me up.
ReplyDeleteHave a good evening.
ReplyDelete