Thanksgiving dinners take eighteen hours to prepare. They are consumed in twelve minutes. Half-times take twelve minutes. This is not coincidence. ~Erma Bombeck
Football is not a contact sport. It's a collision sport. Dancing is a good example of a contact sport. ~Duffy Daugherty
Below I have listed a "ideal" Football meal at our home....be it College Saturday or NFL Sunday ticket.....our butts are glued to the television for the next 16 - 18 weeks....all recipes simple, low carb..and tastey!
Having our daily bread, put a Bruschetta out on the table...quick/easy...
Grilling turkey simple too if you dont want to use the marinade I have suggest...ok, your house your rules....I'm in love with mango salsa currently...probably this tropical climate I'm located in, plus it's a nice way to get fruit on the table, place on top of grilled turkey...heaven..... altho I have never tried the last recipe..Raspberry truffles. rounding off with a chocolate recipe is a must ..if I didnt have the melba toast, I would probably sub graham crackers...
Bruschetta - Greek style
- plum tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 cup water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 48 slices French bread baguette (1/4 inch thick)
Directions:
In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place bread slices on greased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. With a slotted spoon, top each slice with about 1 tablespoon tomato mixture
Grilled Turkey Tenderloin
1-1/2 cups lemon-lime soda
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Smoke, optional
- 2-1/2 pounds boneless skinless turkey breast tenderloins
In a large re-seal plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients. Add turkey; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight, turning once. ( I usually remember to do this in the am...so 2 hrs is ok)... Drain and discard marinade. Grill turkey, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Mango Salsa...
- 1 mango - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 papaya - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1/2 sweet onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Back to the Basiks original blend
DIRECTION
- In a medium bowl, mix mango, papaya, red bell pepper, avocado, sweet onion, cilantro, and balsamic vinegar. Season. Cover, and chill in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before serving.
Raspberry Truffles
- 4 slices Roman Meal bread, toasted
- 1/4 cup Chocolate hazelnut spread
- 36 each Fresh raspberries
Trim toast crusts into 3 even pieces for a total of 12 pieces. Spread 1 teaspoon chocolate hazelnut spread on each piece. Top with 3 raspberries.
All of it sounds great!!!
ReplyDeleteit is that time of year isn't it? I bet you guys have your "routine" down so well after so many years that you even plan potty breaks around game schedules :)
ReplyDeletethe recipes sound delicious
go Steelers!!!
betty