My 1st time......

 

My first time playing golf was yesterday.....Had a blast! We played on an Executive course..which means mainly par 3's with a couple par 4's thrown in for fun.  I can't imagine, playing on one of those big boy Golf courses...lol... I was able to play with my Sis, her SIL, and  their friend J...(my new friend too now)....they tossed the score cards, and said we're here to enjoy our time together...that's probably why I would love to play again!

I informed the ladies this was my 1st time...before I entered the tee box.....They seem to think (in my opinion)...Oh boy, this is going to be a looooooong day.... I did not want to hold anyone back, I thought if I hit it 5 ft I'll call it good, and just have fun with them....Well, I got up to the tee...and swoosh....nothing...I missed the dang ball completely...ok...keep your head down, let's try this again...I lined up again, and smack...I hit it...I was thrilled...it went towards the green...unbelievable...the Ladies said I was a Ringer..."this is my first time...blah, blah, blah,"  they enjoyed teasing me...I was truly amazed...who knew?

As the day progressed I got lucky a couple more times, but mostly played as a 1st timer...my putting has to improve...I swear I was aiming at the hole..but the ball would go in a complete different direction...grrr...

My sis was concerned about my RA...after 9 holes, with the heat, & exercise I was feeling pretty good...about the time 12 came around tho I was done.  We all skipped out early...I think next time tho...9 is enough until I improve.......

Maybe hubby & I can go & hit a bucket of balls together...I would love to play with him, but this is "his" sport...he's a really good player...and I would not like to take it away from him...He needs his guy time, like I need my girl time.....

6 comments:

  1. YAY! I'm glad you had a "ball!" LOL Maybe you & hubby can play together sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never played any real golf but I am pretty good with the mini golf.

    My hubby and sons are naturally good at golf. They never really play much though. I am glad for that because my SIL's hubby plays and spends tons of money on clothing and traveling to courses (for fun with his buddies)
    That expense could cut into my shoe budget. ha ha

    Great for you! I am glad that you felt well enough to get through a game. I don't know much about RA but what I do know- I feel for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a fun adventure! and I like that it was just that, fun, I've heard of a lot of people who take their game very seriously and get a bit upset if the ball doesn't go where they want it to

    when we were still in Montana, hubby and me went out one time to play golf; he is very amateur player, I had never played. We had the best of time. Sometimes he would hit my ball to move it up the way, sometimes we played minature golf rules, but it was a blast. Thankfully the course wasn't busy so we weren't holding anyone up behind us :)

    I think if you and hubby found another couple who enjoyed golfing and fellowship, it might be nice to play together :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband is busy playing golf today himself. I tried playing once. Notice I wrote once! I was a danger to everyone on the course. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm wondering if you're sore today? My boys once thought they would teach me how to golf...it was so bad, one of them said "mom, you're not playing hockey here, you're playing golf!" LOL I was whacking at that ball like it was a puck! hehe All I remember was being so sore afterwards, I guess I used muscles I didn't know I had! Glad you had such a fun day, though, learning something new like that is always a great adventure:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cindi, Never played golf in my life but my sons do and my next youngest son has his wife playing now and she likes it. Good for you and hope you get to do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History