Octoberfest (Spanferkel)

oktoberfest On tonight's menu:

Restaurant Gourmet Pavilion

Grilled Suckling Baby Pork (pictured)

Meat Strudel Soup (to die for) (Fleischstrudelsuppe)

Cabbage-bacon stew and Sauerkraut (Spanferkel mit Speckkraut und Sauerkraut)

Spinach and Potato dumplings (Spinatknodel und Kartoffelknodel)

Dessert

"Hubby" took me to a new restaurant tonight.  The meal was one of the best I have ever tasted...

  The story on this couple is very interesting. They have been here for 6 months, straight from Austria..  I thought our move from Colorado was brave, but to leave a country, speak little of their language, open a business!  Now, that's brave!  "Helga" (our chef) has been rated in her native country for years.  "Helmut" is her trusted side kick(hubby).  He graciously, showed us to our table, and provide our service for the remainder of the evening.... they are warm, welcoming and sincere...The restaurant is small...maybe 30 seats inside, 20 seats outside.  I fell in love.  The place was packed...Our meal was excellent...

Picture a small restaurant in a strip mall, the decor a mixture of mismatched chairs, small roundtables covered in white linens.  Little cut crystal salt & pepper shakers, and a single white candle place in the center.  Hanging on the walls various pictures of old "Hollywood".. a young Newman, Shirley Temple, Marilyn, or course Arnold (Pre Calf Governor) (MR UNIVERSE), Gable, Bacall, Bogie, Julie Andrews, ...etc  I want to go back for strudel and coffee (espresso) in the morning...I could live there...heck, I could give Helmut some competition for Helga...LOL

I wish them the best...We will return, but not until I whittle down our waistline...

Good Night all!

5 comments:

  1. You are making me hungry for a midnight snack. lol. Restaurant sounded very nice.
    Sonya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is making me so hungry. How nice to find such a charming place, family run and with good service. Rare these days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I had a Helga in my kitchen or even next door. Sounds gooooood. :)........alice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cinci,

    LOL, I think I can still read even though you're a Steelers fan! We're so bad this year that it's just pathetic...but I'm not a fair weather fan (can't be when you cheer for the Bengals!), SOMEDAY, we're gonna get something to cheer for!

    I was so there when I read your description of the restaurant. Sounds charming and the food sounds yummy. Glad you go to go.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness...I should proofread! I meant Cindy..not Cinci (didn't want you to think that was a Cincinnati reference! lol)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History