It has been busy...to say the least!
There isn't enough Calgon my friends....the weather however, has been absolutely beeeeautiful! So that makes up for all the aches, pains and migraines of moving. We are currently experiencing a cold spell...today's high was 71...brrr chilly....lol tonight's low should be around 40...now that's just downright awful!...LOL...I had to break out the thermals & hoodies!...my thermostat only knows a/c..not heat!!!! lol.. Actually, it is very pleasant, it's wonderful to have the patio open with a slight breeze thru the house... I am wearing socks, long sleeves and sweats tho.....lol
Here's a view from out our lanai...as you can tell we have a lovly lake to look at every day....our piece of heaven....
Hubby, thought it would be even better to be closer to the Preserve area in the background there....I totally do not support his theory... critters live in them there woods, and as long as they stay on their side of the line (the imaginary one in my head) I'll be happy...LOL!
The lake is not for boating, just relaxing and fishing...our niece did ask about kayaking...I told her if she would like to visit the critters...she's braver than I...crazier too! I hope she doesn't try this adventure! Our neighborhood sent out a flyer to attend a BBQ and food bank raiser on Halloween, then to rush back home to give the kiddies their treats. Hubby & I are planning to attend...what a wonderful welcome to our new environment. The weekend after that is a block garage sale....yippy...love this idea...I have plenty to get rid of after this move.
We (rather) hubby did paint two rooms so far, we went to Lowes (my work) and purchased ceiling fans, more paint too.
I have unpacked the majority of the kitchen, 3/4 of our closets, our china hutch, knick-knacky stuff and very little else...I have a life time (unless things change...lol) to do the remaining....I have to get ready to put some grub on the table....so I'll sign off for now....
I'll be catching up on my followings tonight...boy I missed reading all your stories!
later gatorettes!

That certainly is a beautiful place, you are lucky to live there and be so near to nature. Do not work too hard, the unpacking can be done bit by bit.
ReplyDeleteI know you are so happy to be settled that much in such a pretty place. Yeah, that's close enough to the preserve :).........
ReplyDeleteso happy you are getting settled in!! I love the view of that lake!
ReplyDeleteI think it is neat that you are going to the block party/gathering; what a neat way to meet people; have fun with it
and repeat after me "I'm never moving again" :)
betty