What to do? what to do?

Yesterday, I unpacked our photo albums. I haven't touched these boxes since our move to SWFL, so I was a lil reminiscent of our history, family tree, those no longer with us, a smile crept on my face remembering the wonderful times, places and events that had taken place... 1st our eldest ..this pic he's just a couple of months old...handsome dawg aint he?

then I came across a pic of "collegeboy" on his 1st b-day.

He received socks for a b-day present, he was very pleased with the gift, looked up and said...."socks" with his lil hands cupping his poodem face...just as I clicked....cutie!...

I tell ya, this was enough to send me over the edge, into a full crying fit. I even had to call my mom...lol

I'm not sure if I'm really over it today....lol

I love & hate photos, if that is even possible....My sister in law is CM consultant, has crop parties, the whole enchilada! I can't even attempt to be at that level of creativity,...she doesn't expect it either, this is something I put on myself...her albums are gorgeous projects...I have our photos stuffed to the gills in various albums...this only happen within the last few years, before I had them packed in boxes. So, I was very proud of myself to place them in an album. I need to find the TIME, to "reselect" photos, and downsize some more, take our old VHS family videos, convert to dvd disc.....I smell a New Year resolution coming....lol...wonder if I'll commit? hum?

I tried once before to convert the VHS to disc. I became such a blubbering idiot watching the old family movies, I had to stop and regroup... I guess I have put it off long enough, maybe I should try again....but 1st I got to buy some extra boxes of Kleenex....lol

Have a great day all!

5 comments:

  1. It is amazing what old photos can do to us, the emotions they stir up, the memories they invoke. I tend to be the same. I often cry over old photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what cute children your boys were!!! I'm terrible keeping track of photos; people make such cute albums and are so creative; not me, LOL. I'm so bad when we moved from Montana, I took all the pictures out of albums and downsized them; I didn't need 200 pictures of the Grand Canyon LOL (one of our vacations); I just kept a few favorites from each album (I had about 20 at that point)and shredded the rest. Each kid had their own albums so these were duplicate pictures. Then I just put the pictures in a big plastic container and moved them; figured they would be easier to store that way than the albums. And 2 years later they still sit. What I really need to do is get my pictures off the computer and put them on a disk in case the computer crashes; I have some pictures there that aren't duplicated elsewhere.

    if you do take it on as a project, let us know what you do with them and how you are going to organize them; maybe it will help me be creative

    enjoy the day

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn`t it lovely to look through old photos sometimes Cindi, they always brings back the most beautiful memories. What gorgeous boys. :o)

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did the same thing a few years ago, we put old reel movies and vhs on dvd, watching the very first one I saw the dog we had for 16 yrs and sat and bawled like a baby!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History