Think outside the box

It amazes me what comes out of peoples mouths....If you would "think" before what you say...

Last night work was crazy...I should have known nutty things would happen...(Full Moon)...let's set the stage. 

First we have multiple personalities in one facility, working side by side, day after day, week after week, this alone adds unnecessary quarrels from time to time, but then lets add to the mix "Joe" (Public), events are bound to happen.

I walk in ready to begin my shift, and the 1st response I get...(not hello, how am I doing..) Where have you been? Can you come in early tomorrow? It has been awful day today...nag, nag, nag...

Now, I'm thinking I haven't really "clocked" in yet, maybe I should turn around. 

When there was a window of opportunity for me to "answer" the questions asked, my response...Fine, and how are you?  Yes, I almost have everything ready for Christmas, and I'm about 10 minutes ahead of beginning my shift.....this brings a puzzled look upon my fellow associates face. Duh?What?!...then it dons on her...ok, I get it...

So, this was the "beginning" of my shift...things would not get better...I only have to ask myself..Why did I clock in?...oh..yeah "Collegeboy" wants to have a life...

About 1 hour into this "dream" job, lol....2 associates are joking around with a 3rd associate, but the 3 associate did not "see" the amusement..she left crying in the back...later to decide she didn't feel like "playing" with these 2 tonight, she was feeling poorly & just did not have the strength or mind-set to "play".  I can't say I blame her...these 2 I'll call them Dip & Dot, buddy buddy, they bully others with their words.  I have had a couple of run ins with them, and found you must stand your ground, cuz  eventually they back off, their  "bark" is worse than their bite..but they tend to take it too far most times, and never get into trouble...one of those..What cha' going to do...they really are not breaking any policy rules...they have been told to mind their manners tho...

So, now we're a person short for this evenings shift...great....I'm at the Return Goods desk...which we all know how "Joe" can be when they want to "return" something...fun fun!

Now, I had only a couple questionable returns for the night, but they worked them selves out without any problems...but fate would not allow this good fortune to last...I had this ...(I'll call her Ms Snotty Snot) come in...She parks her car lights flashing right at the front door...only because she does not want to use a parking lot like "normal" people...she needed to return a knob...yes folks...Ms Snotty Snot wants to return a kitchen cabinet knob..no biggie happens all the time...everyday 5 - 10 times a day...well, Ms Snotty Snot's knob, came from another company...not my company, I inform her of this..and you know what?...yes, you guessed correctly...she argued...not politely either...Ms Snotty Snot, told me I was wrong...for me to get a department manager to "return" her knob...ok fine, Ms Snotty Snot...

A fellow associate hears Ms Snotty Snot, not being polite with me, and she comes over to help with Ms Snotty Snot.  This associates tries explaining to her, on how it is not our product...same stuff I was explaining earlier..I tell my fellow associate that I have tried numerous time to explain, and Ms Snotty Snot, tells me........I quote.......

"YOU ARE NOT THINKING OUTSIDE THE BOX".....

I'm puzzled by this ignorant statement...and reply...Mme I have policies in place, and I can NOT accept another companies PRODUCT.

her reply....and I quote again....

"EXACTLY, YOU NEED TO THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX"...

What? you want me to give you, oh I don't know lets take a guess...X amount of money on a product I don't carry...

Ms Snotty Snot, reply..Well you don't have to be rude about it......

after about another 40 minutes of arguing ...Ms Snotty Snot realizes that she might......."might" have purchased the knob somewhere else.....

YOU THINK???

Have a happy holiday...Ms Snotty Snot!

 

6 comments:

  1. Poor you!!! Never let em see you sweat!!! Kill em with kindness....it's hard, but worth it! I hope she doesn't come back!

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonder what kind of meds she's on. "Think outside the box" ???? What the ummm does that mean!! Bless your heart! When you think about it, it's just a little bit comical:).....

    ReplyDelete
  3. that poor lady! and she wasted 40 minutes of her time (at least you were getting paid to listen to her tirade) I don't know why people have to act that way; its almost like they think they can wear you down if they are persistent in that behavior that sooner or later you will give in. retail is not an easy job for sure!!! I can only hope your next day of work goes a bit smoother

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta love the retail during the holidays! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some people and the nerve they have. Sorry you had to endure such Snotty Snots. Hoping your TODAY treats you well. Take care and enjoy,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your comment in my blog. Merry CHRISTmas to you and yours too! You are a good woman, Cindi. This post makes me very glad I don't work in retail anymore and have the privilege of working in peace and quiet (usually) in my own home. I think 12 years of putting up with people like your Mrs. Snotty Snot is ENOUGH!

    Merry CHRISTmas!~

    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History