The trouble with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat.
Lily Tomlin 1939 -
Your faithfulness makes you trustworthy to God.
Edwin Louis Cole 1922 - 2002
As we approach our coming new year, we use this week usually to reflect on where the passing year lead us in our lives...
2008 was good to me, as a matter of fact in my life there are only 2 years I want as "do overs"....but since I can not change the past, I must learn from them...and I learned I do not like emotional deep wrenching heart ache & pain.....so if I could live in this so called fantasy Disney world that is in my head, everyone would live forever, no cancer, no accidents, no terrorists, no crime, no, no, no, no.....
I know my life exists for me in heaven. I will gladly wait my time to get there, but what to do until then????
Faith, faith, faith......
I have a tendency to not give a lot to God...somehow, I have put in my itty-bitty mind his has sooooooo much why should I give him more to deal with, let me figure it out on my own....I try, try, try usually miserable along clawing my way uphill, until I have a light bulb moment...
Ah-ha! brilliant I will ask God to help me!!! and when I do my problem dissolves instantly...again, again, and again....so why do I go clawing, climbing my way thru a problem on my own time after time???
I love what I read on Betty's journal.
don't put Jesus away after Christmas day; unwrap him each and every new day
I plan on trying just that!!!!!!
ps...GOOOOOOOO STEEELERS!...lol
Love your spirit and outlook on life. May God continue his blessing in your life. Take care and Happy New Year,
ReplyDeleteKatie
thanks for the shout out Cindi! Its taken me a long time and I'm not there to let it go and give it to the Lord; if we could just get it into our heads to give it first to him instead of stewing over it forever, I know it would make my days better for sure
ReplyDeleteso glad that 2008 was a good year for you! wishing you an even better 2009!
betty
Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteThose are wise words for sure. I keep learning over and over again that my efforts are not the ones that count. 'On Ya'-ma
ReplyDeleteHappy New Years to you if I'm not back by then. Like your quotes on here. Especially the one about not putting Jesus away.
ReplyDeleteAhhh, Sunday Sayings...they never disappoint! Good ones, once again.
ReplyDeletewhere in Florida are you??
ReplyDeletepraise God for Faith and Grace
ReplyDeleteB...eautiful page
Love Ya