We bought a few extra items for Christmas this year....no nothing fun like another Wii...or cute like clothes, new digital camera, Ipods, or even decorative items for the home....nope, pretty boring yet necessary.....
Yes, the "c-boy" calls we had to replace.....a radiator...fun, fun, joy, joy...ho ho ho
The only positive thing I can think of is, at least it happened at college, rather than on the road trip home in 10 days....grrrrrrr....I'm boiling over thinking about it....LOL! and...
I had to get new tires on my truck...and a new battery...these are necessities, yes, but non the less no fun...
The tire guy says he filled my "new" treads with "Nitro-air" rather than regular air...Men! Now they can say (in the Tim Allen manly voice) I've got "Nitro-fill" in my tires...(growl, growl)...A lot of "hot" air if you ask me!
What do I care...I mean if "they" have spent the time analyzing the effects of "Nitro" in tires, why can't "they" find a cure for cancer? This is suppose to save gas....hog wash...You know the only way I'm going to save on gas is to ride a bike!
Now, the funny thing is the "tire guy" says, It was a "courtesy" to fill the tires with "nitro"...he didn't charge me extra... I was suppose to react like Snow White.... How wonderful Mr Tire man...but alas my reply, you charged for air????? Guys pay money for air? Mr Tire guy just gave me the usual guy look when they can not comprehend...lol
So I come home, tell "hubby" about getting "nitro" in the tires, and his reaction.......COOL!...I have to go to the Mr Tire man and see if they'll put "nitro" in my tires!!!! MEN!...and you know what....yep! you guessed it....he's going to "pay" for the "nitro"...jeez-a-loo I can't win!
Oh well, maybe you will get to buy something exciting!
ReplyDeleteI didn't even know they could put nitro air in tires; can you tell a difference driving on them?? it seems like our cars always like to make us spend money on them around the holidays (or our kids, LOL; mine lost his cell phone the other day; got to love them :)
ReplyDeleteI like the graphic on the top of your journal; very festive!
betty
i take my car to a "female-friendly" automotive shop. they are truly wonderful and don't try to impress me with stuff i don't need. they usually do small tasks, like checking a tire's pressure and filling, checking for leaks, adjusting something under the hood, etc., for free. i guess i must have impressed them with my car knowledge when i told them i used to help my ex-boss build his street rods...........
ReplyDeletehey, don't drive like tim, ok???
blessings,
regina
I've heard a lot good hype over the nitro in tires. It makes them lighter and gives better gas milage!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day tomorrow.
Oh my gosh, that was tooooo funny! Men, can't shoot em!
ReplyDelete