Sunday Sayings....

 

 

Consider the rights of others before your own feelings, and the feelings of others before your own rights.

Coach John Wooden 1910 -

                         &

If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today.

Coach Lou Holtz 1937 -

First I would like to give a shout (holla)  to the Broad Run Spartans football team for their success last night winning the State 4A championship.

...forever you'll be known as Virginia 4A State Champions!!!!!

highlights...Spartan win....

My longest, dearest, and bestest bud...aka Gaba & her hubby BR shared this information with me, so I must boast about their sons & team success.

I chose today's quotes for a couple of reasons...1st I was going to elaborate on the feelings of winning or success, but it seemed to easy, so I pondered a bit...

2nd...who better than a coach (of any vocation) to quote on winning, but I found that they also quote on life, and that is what I like to use on Sunday Sayings...

 

5 comments:

  1. Way to go Spartans-now that's a good way to end 2008-goin out as 'champs'
    Love the way you've done up your blog for the holidays.
    very pretty.
    :-)

    connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked both of those quotes and I didn't realize John Wooden was so old (and still living); I always thought he was a classy coach

    loved the tags you used in this entry

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the Spartans!

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cindi, Yaayy! Sunday Sayings!!! I look forward to these every week! Good ones too!

    Thanks so much for your comment about Sarah and Bennie, I'm so excited I can't stand it. I know it is early still, but I just could not keep this to myself when you all have been so great about it all. I really feel good about this one. God bless you for your prayers and good wishes...and for being excited with me!
    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful quote to go with the wonderful news. Congratulations Spartans! Take care and enjoy your week,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History