Your right lung takes in more air than your left one.
The roadrunner is the official bird of New Mexico.
The oldest known tortoise may have been a radiated tortoise from Madagascar (Astrochelys radiata), which died in 1965. She was at least 188 years old, having been given to the Tonga royal family, by Captain Cook in 1773 or 1777.
ok...so I took a meeting this morning with Dr Doogie Howser...he says I have to keep the boot on another couple of weeks....I didn't pass the physical. He wanted me to stand on my tippy toes...brutal!....lol
Then we starting chatting about life, politics...Halloween costumes...he went out with his buddy as one of the "blues bros" from Saturday Night Live...I said, it hasnt been the same since the "original" Prime time players....he agreed....then that was that....he also mentioned that I shouldnt try to skip, jump rope...etc...I told him nooooo problem...lol
I went to the drug store after that...had to pick up some b-day cards...I love shopping Hallmark cards...which reminds me forgot to get one for the Bro-in-law...yesterday he retired from 35 years of service as a Firefighter...exceptional!....his final title and job was as a Chief!!...he has seen, done, more (professionally speaking)...in that 35 yrs... I wonder how he'll adjust...keeping him in my thoughts! Thanks for the service dude.....now relax!

congrats to your brother-in-law on his retirement! wow 35 years!!! that is a lot in firefighting; I know that's hard work!!
ReplyDeletesorry you have to wear that "fashionable" boot a few more weeks
I have seen more road runners here in So. Calif than when we lived in New Mexico, too funny!
enjoy the day
betty
That's quite a record for your B-I-L. Congrats to him. Stand on your tippy toes, skip, etc. but you don't pass your physical?!!!
ReplyDeleteCindi, wow....did I miss something? What happened to your leg?? Operation? Geez, I read your blog everyday, how the heck did I miss that? Please don't tell me I'm having a memory lapse!!!? Take care of yourself...don't fall whatever you do!!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!Sharon
Sorry you have got to wear the boot awhile longer. Hang in there. Congrats to your BIL!
ReplyDeleteNo doubt you were hoping to be able to remove that boot but I guess until you can go up on your tippy toes, then the boot stays on! lol
ReplyDeleteI agree with you, Saturday Night Live is NOTHING like it used to be in the days of John Belushi, Eddie Murphy, Chevy Chase, etc.
I went out to buy a bunch of birthday cards today too! Congratulations on your brother in law's retirement, that's just awesome to have all those years as a firefighter and having made it to Chief!! xoxo
Fascinating facts ! Thanks so much for visiting my blog all the way over in Africa - nice to 'meet' you !
ReplyDeleteBye for now
Lynda, Kilimanjaro, East Africa
just a quick comment to let you know my old blog is closed, but i have 2 new ones. hope you've been by, if not come visit & sign in to follow. huggies...
ReplyDeletelinks are on old blog.
if you've already been, ty!