There are 4,300 known species of ladybug in the world. really, I swear I've only seen 1
( problem)...An average of 51 cars a year overshoot and drive into the canals of Amsterdam. My solution: don't overshoot!
Ablutophobia: Fear of washing or bathing...I swear Eldest has this...lol
No fall temps here in SWFL...92 expected high...with high humidity to go with it....aaaaahhh summer...
I was up early this morning. Way before Mr Sunshine.....any birds, bugs or gators...The morning was peaceful. The skies were clear, bright full moon still shining.. I grab my cup of joe, plop myself in front of the computer.......then BAM!!!
No power, the house is completely dark...and silent...dang! I go to the pantry, scramble thru hurricane ready bag, I locate the emergency lanterns, and start to crank them up...meanwhile Hubby is in the shower...I give him a lantern.... light a couple of candles...then Hubby says...remember our conversation about routine? We haven't had the power out, so no routine here....lol (funny guy eh?) He investigates the fuse box...nothing different should be all operation.
We call the power company. 5:45 am (PC) Yep, we can see you have no power...we have people traveling to your area to investigate....it should be operational by 10 am....they called again around 6:10 to report 50 homes effected with the outage and to make sure all was ok. They call again when the power came back on at 7:15..... I wonder if we have a person in our area whom works for the FP&L??? I know we have several firefighters or maybe FP&L just has great Customer Service....humm
Anyway...this is how I have started my Tues....now to tackle the rest of the day!
that was neat the company called to see how things are going; usually here they don't and you are just so overjoyed when that power comes back on
ReplyDeletewhat a way to start your day Cindi! I hope this isn't going to be the pattern of your no-routine new philosophy; you might just never know what to expect
betty
No power is NO fun! Have a good day.
ReplyDeleteSonya
Oh wow Cindi, I do not like being without power even for a short while. The first time I lived where there was power at the flip of a switch was when I was 13. Thanks for stopping by, I am sure Mort will be fine but my son had MS and it saps your strength, so a little more apprehensive with Mort.
ReplyDeleteI hate it when the power goes out! I'm glad it wasn't off too long.
ReplyDeleteWhen the power goes out, this girl panics, not because I can't use the lights, the stove, etc...because I can't use my computer and get on the internet! LOL Hey I have my priorities right ya know! hehe Figures your hubby would be in the shower when your power went out...I alway say it's God's sense of humour working overtime! lol You must have a good company there because it's no usual that they will call so often to make sure everything is all right or to say when the power should be back on.
ReplyDeleteHope your week is going well:-) xoxo
Like Hollie I hate it when the power goes out!!! Glad you got yours back and didn't have to wait all day!!
ReplyDeleteIt is 63 degrees here so I am thinking you live down South!! :) Hugs, Grams
Just one more dang thing to deal with right C? It's just a good thing that the power company was nice and polite...that's all I can say!! (smiling)
ReplyDeleteHugs!Sharon
Hey girl,
ReplyDeleteYoou have an award over at my place if you're interested!
Have a good one!
I'm jealous of your hot weather. Emily keeps talking about how hot it is in Orlando and it makes me want to cry. We're having an early cold snap and I'm not liking it a bit!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got your power back on quickly...that's sooo not fun!
Love,
Your favorite Bengals fan!
First time here and I like your blog, you made me smile today.
ReplyDelete