Trifling Tuesday. & black boot...

 

The best diamonds are colored blue-white. and Hollywood brags about the yellow ones....ha ha ha!

The Old Chinese Telephone Exchange in San Francisco was completed in 1909. Operators were required to be proficient in English and five Chinese dialects. They were also obliged to learn every phone number of every one of the company's 2,400 clients because the Chinese believed it was rude to refer to a person as a number. wow, talk about pressure on the job...

 Thank you all for the birthday holla!

It was a great day...nice/simple!

 

I had to get up early this am, for my foot Dr's appt...nothing broken,  or fractured...but the top tendon is swollen & torn....soooooo  I'm wearing the boot...rats!...I was favoring the foot a bit, thus the reason for the back & hip pain...I told Doogie Howser...(he was only 30, but looked 10)...I thought I was just being a baby...I even wore my high heel clogs yesterday... (big mistake)..when eldest & I were shopping, I was hobbling around...I almost got in a go cart...lol...now I know why I was struggling...so for now I have to wear this boot...I wanted it in Pink, but nope only comes in black!   oooh....maybe I can find some accessories!!!! .lol....

 

10 comments:

  1. get some of that fabric paint and spruce that boot up! I'm glad you went in to get checked, sorry it wasn't the news you wanted to hear though :(

    that was interesting about the Old Chinese Telephone Exchange! can you imagine remembering all those names and having to know 5 Chinese dialects? I wouldn't last long on that job

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey...sorry I missed your birthday...so HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!! and many more blessed birth day days LOL...and sure hope the boot helps the foot to heal...take it easy...!!! and enjoy all your birthday "goodies"...God Bless from KY...Ora

    ReplyDelete
  3. ugh, I missed your birthday.
    Sorry, happy late birthday, sounds like it was a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart! Praying it heals soon! Take care

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear only flat shoes anymore as I did break my foot years ago. I hope you heal quickly and can wear your high heels again. Happy belated birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We should all come over and help you decorate that black boot! hehe Yup, it's no wonder you were hobbling around, glad you got it checked out...now rest and listen to what Doogie Howser told you to do:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindi, How interesting about The telephone exchange. I wonder how long it took to learmn the job?! I like the comment about using fabric paint to change the booot`s colour, you could change it to match whatever outfit you are wearing!

    Love and Hugs

    Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't worry Mrs. Black Boot...I am sure you wear it well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope your foot heals up quickly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History