Sunday Sayings.....

God gave us our memory, so we can have roses in December.  Mrs C Seaman Wichita, KS

Defeat isn't bitter if you don't swallow it.  Mrs O Bost Wichita, KS

First off....this boot is a pain in my arse...whew, glad I got that out.....lol

C-boi's team won their game yesterday, 7- 1 season thus far.. Holla!!!  They're working towards another Conference ring...fingers crossed...The game was televised via the Internet...it was so awesome for "Eldest" to sit glued to the computer  watching the game...

We got a new lawn mower.  Eldest thought he should "help" hubby out and mow the lawn.....I attempted to take pics of his "handy" work, but the details just didnt appear on camera...If you were able to see our lawn, you would have thought we were visited by aliens, and they had left their mark like in the crop fields of the mid-west...lol

Eldest walked wherever there was green...even the neighbors lawn had cut marks in it...lol  He had a problem tho, he ran over a fire ant hill.  He got a couple of bites on his ankle...he was not happy...It took a moment or two ( maybe three) to calm him down, but after a shower he cooled his temper a bit...  Those fire ants are tiny, but dang!  Not sure if he will be operating the lawn mower any time soon....

Saturday was a lazy day....I was going to run errands, but found a comfy spot on the our oversized chair....before I knew I was snoozing a bit..I wanted to go to the pool...I could have "snoozed" while getting some sun, but noooo I couldn't move...it was too hot anyway...

We are still mid summer down here in the Sunshine state....wondering if we'll experience any fall temps....The lake level is slowly receding...the activity level is increasing tho...we had a Golden Eagle checking out the hood today, and the elusive Egret was back, stomping on my reeds, again I attempted the pic...but nope nothin but air....I'll get him!  I might have to wear camo gear....lol...

 

          Serve these with Scrabbled Egg & bacon breakfast or enjoy with a warm cup of your favorite tea....yummy!

     Apple Cider Biscuits

  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/3 cup cold butter
  • 3/4 cup apple cider
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Directions

  • In a bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cider just until moistened. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead 8-10 times.
  • Roll out to 1/2-in. thickness; cut with a 2-1/2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on greased baking sheets. Sprinkle with cinnamon
  • Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm

4 comments:

  1. Those biscuits sound good.In my blogs I have noticed so many southerners have biscuits and gravy along with eggs and meat and that doesn't go together for my taste. I think toast and eggs and meat like bacon or sausage is more to my liking. Wonder if that is because we live in the midwest. Those biscuits you are describing would be good with an evening meal. Ate a lot of biscuits and gravy out of necessity. Mike goes for his pet scan tomorrow. I am praying it hasn't spread. Then will start chemo in November I think Connie said the second week. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yum on those biscuits Cindi; I love the recipes you share with us :)

    how cute with Eldest wanting to help cut the grass; I'm with him; I can't cut a straight line for the life of me; poor him with the ants! glad it wasn't too bad but I know painful

    sorry the boot is uncomfortable; hoping you won't have to be long in it

    good for C-Boi's team!! hoping they get a conference game :)

    I think a Saturday is a comfy chair is a great way to spend the day :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about the Eldest getting bite by the ants. Those little buggers hurt! Hurray for C-boi's team. The relaxing nap sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just stopped in to say hi and glad you are doing fairly ok. My daughter had to wear a boot, but finally had to have surgery. I am glad most everything you have put on your blog in recipe's are good. Those potatoes were delicious.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History