Sunday Sayings...(I'm bbbbaaack!)

Prayer is a thought, a belief, a feeling, arising within the mind of the one praying.          Ernest Holmes 1887 - 1960

Trifling Minutiae ....

TENNESSEE: It is illegal for anyone to drive while asleep. hum...?

CONNECTICUT:  It is illegal for any beautician to hum, whistle, or sing while working on a customer... 

 

Cherry Dream Pie 

e-mail recipe

Cherry Dream Pie

Preparation Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 4 hours 15 minutes

Servings: 8

Ingredients

3 egg yolks

1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk

1/3 cup lemon juice

1 Ready-Crust Pie Crust Keebler® Ready Crust® Graham

1 can (21 oz.) cherry pie filling, chilled*

Directions
1. In medium bowl beat egg yolks. Stir in sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. Pour into crust.
2. Bake at 325°F for 25 minutes. Cool for 1 hour. Refrigerate at least 3 hours or until set.
3. Top with pie filling. Garnish as desired. Store in refrigerator.
*NOTE: For a delicious change of pace, substitute your favorite flavor of fruit pie filling.
LOVE BLUEBERRY!!!

Ok...can we talk???

1st and foremost....THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR OUT POURING LOVE, DEVOTION, KINDNESS, PRAYERS, ETC........BLAH, BLAH, BLAH....I can not praise enough..

Here's my testimony:

My last post I was a tad down in the dumps..ok...maybe more than a tad....The pressure was building immensely to say the least.  I was saying prayer after prayer for hubby to receive an answer on this job, or a new job, or anything that had to do with a job....God was listening,...he was listening to all of us....(thank you) but, he wanted me to have a specific prayer....of course at that time I had no idea...it's always clearer afterwards.grrr..lol

So, that same day of my lousy post, I'm driving home after closing at work...again, I'm praying for some sort of resolve to our current situation, and then a light goes off in my head, (some might say the holy spirit was talking to me)(he was)....I finally listened. I said Lord, my children want me to be happy.  That is it...simple.  That's all I asked..I began to cry, a ton of weight lifted, as soon as my tears began, they disappeared.

...drying instantly...my heart filled with joy...filled with love...I go what??? hum...strange...what is this feeling??? OMGOODNESS!...ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

Lord, this is what you wanted all along??? Wow, amazing, thank you, thank you, thank you...This is how I pray...I talk to him as myself..we close like that...HOLLA!...all kidding aside...

by the time I had arrived home, from another hard day of work...I was jumping for joy...Hubby looks at me as if I lost my ever (bleepin') mind...I told hubby, sorry for being down in the dumps, everything....I MEAN EVERYTHING will be ok....no worries...we have each other, our kids...the rest is extra....

The next day I go skippin' into work...mind you I have not been truly happy for a long time...it's not just this job thing, it was a lot of junk I have been carrying on inside for a long long time....years, of stuff..too many therapy sessions to go into...

I'm coming out of our break room, when I turn the corner...and there's hubby?...why are you back here...He's just smiling....once again...I knew...he received the answer about the job......GRRRReat....news...yes, he will be working again, he's start date is in June.....

The Lord has blessed us so many times, I walk with him daily..he's my armour, I'm his clay..

so, again....THANK YOU LORD, THANK YOU FAMILY, THANK YOU FRIENDS..

another Sunday Saying....

"enjoy your time together, that's all we have, that's all we need, no more, no less"  (by me) I'm not giving my year of birth, you can forget it!....

6 comments:

  1. Isn't trusting in the Lord.....wonderful!!???

    Had the same awakening about Feb. of this year......things are better or at least i feel they are.....

    Have a Blessed Holiday....LindaMay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cindi,
    What wonderful news!!!!!!

    HALLELUJAH.....PRAISE HIS HOLY NAME! Thank You Father for answering Cindi's sweet heart felt prayer, as well as all the others that have been going up for her & her sweet little family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. THANK YOU LORD!!!! I'm so happy about hubby's job Cindi, but most of all, I'm happy that you prayed and prayed and waited and listened and was led by the Holy Spirit! That is awesome!!!! I also think it is neat that you thanked the Lord in your post; so many people ask for prayer, get an answer to their prayer and thank people for praying for them, but they never thank God for answering the prayer, so it was refreshing to see you giving the glory to the Lord!!!!

    And I'm so glad you are back with your Sunday saying!! And a great one for sure!!

    (I deleted my blog; I'm not blogging but reading a few of my favorites :)

    looking forward to reading more of your wonderful posts, and that recipe for that cherry pie sounds scrumptious!

    Have a great Memorial Day!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back!!!!!
    and congrats to hubby with the new job!!

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news!!

    Have a good Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Cindi, that is absolutely wonderful!!!! I'm so thrilled for your family! Isn't God good?

    Hugs,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History