Run for the Roses - Derby 135 ....

 

 

iwantrevenge4-4alyssejacobs 

 

I have a secret passion......I LOVE HORSE RACING.....

I stay away from the tracks tho...if I were to actually put money down I would lose the farm...I only look at their names.

...when I start to look at odds, riders, history, trainers, owners....blah, blah blah...it no longer becomes fun...so, I pick the names...real simple...not the best solution, but fun none the less..

I remember watching Secretariat.(aka Big Red)...that is when I fell in love with the ponies...what a powerful horse...

Here are  my Kentucky Derby picks.

first.  I WANT REVENGE IWR #13 -

FAVORITE -  Very good chance...what a story you could write...His name has given you the title ...

second -  CHOCOLATE CANDYChocolateCandy #11 - ok odds not likely a chance, but we all know how I love chocolate...

third  - ADVICE ADVICE #4 -

again, I think the writer in me....I'm curious about the conversation the owner had when choosing this  name...

 

"eldest" has opted for ....  PIONEER OF THE NILEPON   Very good chance...

He  picked him to win in the Santa Anita Derby..He did finish 1st, hence, why he's running in the big one ...had we made a bet!  ...lol  Anyway, that's why eldest wants him again.......

 

I loved Quality Road he was my 1st pick..he didnt make it to the Derby this year.. . he had the opportunity, I think he has a bad ankle or something..

DUNKIRK looks beautiful nice gray coloring...came in 2nd for the Florida Derby...I just don't care for his name...

nor do I like HOLD ME BACK, or MR HOT STUFF...PAPA CLEM...all fine names, they just don't do anything for me...

Wonder who will make it across the line first today?????

 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe it will surprise everyone & be Chocolate Candy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh....the horses??me too! I have been to one race and it was sooo exciting!!!!
    I used to babysit for a couple, the husband was brother to Chris McCarron, a famous Jockey...and I think that is when I got interested in it...
    gee, that little girl Ibabysat must be all grown up now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History