My formula for living is quite simple. I get up in the morning and I go to bed at night. In between, I occupy myself as best I can. Cary Grant 1904 - 1986
Christians are supposed not merely to endure change, nor even to profit by it, but to cause it. Harry Emerson Fosdick 1878 - 1969
Trifling minutiae.....
In Cleveland, Ohio it is illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
A goldfish has a memory span of about 3 seconds.
Mosquitoes have 47 teeth.
I enjoy reading different things...these useless facts certainly made me giggle this am...I need a giggle, "c-boy" going back...prayers for travel safety please....
I have to head into work, so that will be useful for me...his trip will be nearly complete by the time my shift is over..another 6 wks & he'll return for the summer....
I was able to get in a little sun yesterday, I went over to the "community" pool...it was restful for about 10 minutes, then a mother started to set up a b-day pool party for her easily excited 9 year old, with 8 friends....after about an hour of listening to screaming kids...I couldn't relax...I headed back to the local watering hole I call home...I'm not sure why this had bothered me normally I can tune people out, but not yesterday...Donovan was told by his mom about every other second to stop this or that, Donovan don't, Donovan stop, Donovan, Donovan, Donovan
I wanted to give the mom a glass of wine, and tell her to let the kids play, but alas it was only 11:30...too early in the am....ok, I have to say my farewells to "cboy"...
Aww sorry you have to say goodbye to the CB.
ReplyDeleteHad to laugh about the pool experience, I was thinking the same thing that Mom needed to take a chill pill or as you referenced a glass of wine. She was probably worn out before the party got started from the sounds of things, lol.
Hope you have a pleasant work day.
Cindi,
ReplyDeleteI'm sending you big (((hugs))). I'll be praying for the safe return of C'boy! I'm here if you need to talk.
I so remember those sad goodbyes when Patrick would head back to Florida and school. They absolutely tore my heart out. So, I get it my friend, I really get what you'e saying.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure by now he's back in Kentucky safe and sound. I hope the next six weeks go fast for you.
Hugs,
Melissa
I read that CBoy made it back safe and sound; glad to hear that! I'm with you with the pool party; mom needed some wine and a chill attitude; unfortunately she won't get that for a few more years when the kids are grown and she wishes they were back home again (I find myself second guessing how I would have done things different with my kids, know what I mean?)
ReplyDeletebetty