Sunday Sayings....

Life is an adventure in forgiveness.
Norman Cousins 1915 - 1990

We should all do what, in the long run, gives us joy, even if it is only picking grapes or sorting the laundry.
E. B. White 1899 - 1985

 

sharing what I wish to learn today with the world...(or 2 - 3 people whom read my little page)... 

The quotes are interesting enough, but to investigate the person whom gave them.....well, I enjoy that too...

Interesting about EB White...Charlottes Web, and Stuart Little author...on his 12th b-day his father wrote this to him...

"You are the object of the affectionate solicitude of your mother and father. Then you have been born a Christian. When you reflect that the great majority of men are born in heathen lands in dense ignorance and superstition it is something to be thankful for that you have the light that giveth life."

I think its sad that EB died from Alzheimer ...hopefully this statement from his father was something he remembered...

Forgiveness...let's think about that....do we deserve it?....does it make it better if we get it?  Whom should be giving it anyway?

I have a hard time with "forgetting" but, forgiving I give to God...I think I'm in the clear if I give it to him.  I know he can and does put it back on me to forgive, myself and others...it's very tough to do....yet I ask him to "handle it" anyway because the pressure to truly forgive someone.....

I wonder about couples whom have had to deal with spouses affairs and seek forgiveness rather than divorce.  That's very tough to do, if I had that same challenge I don't know that I would mean it.  I give him a hard enough time currently, as a devoted "hubby"....Maybe it is I who should asked to be forgiven for the abuse he gets from me?Naw,....after 25 1/2 years, if it aint broke don't fix it!...lol

 

3 comments:

  1. I can forgive as well but I can never forget. You cannot undo what is done but you can forgive and move on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. forgiveness is hard to do, but I am reminded of how God forgave my sins and how Jesus died for my sins; he who had no sin took my sin and if he could forgive those who put him on the cross, I should be able to forgive those who wronged me. I'm also reminded that on a lot of things the plank in my eye is bigger than the splinter in the other person's eye. But I do struggle with forgiveness. I think Rich Warren in the Purpose Driven Life said it so good "you should forgive someone, but forgiveness doesn't mean you forget what they did and they do have to earn your trust back" (paraphrased by me). That worthy piece of advice has helped me deal with forgiving those who I felt wronged me

    good entry Cindi!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgivness is a tough one but forgetting is even harder. Thanks for sharing this. Take care,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History