it's...colder than a polar bear’s behind on the shady side of an iceberg....lol
I'm thankful (thrus) that I'm no longer living where you have to endure freezing your booty off!....
I'm not use to this stuff anymore...I'm talking a fairly warm day for our Northern friends...but hey 50 degrees in SWFL...I've got thermal pj's, booties, flannel robe, and I'm thinking of finding my earmuffs!...the heater is set to 70! chhhillly brrr...ok I might be over reacting a tad..
The pass few days have been extremely busy for me....We found a place for "eldest" to hang with some new friends, finished my paperwork for his approval on the local transit, went to a dr appt, lab appt, that' another thing...
I dislike is having my blood drawn...I have to pump pump pump a ball, (having arthritis is not helpful) I drink warm water, dress warmly...and still they usually have to puncture me 2 - 3 times. Tues gal even rolled the needle around inside trying to locate the vein...major discomfort!!!!...(I ask politely cuz she has a needle inside my body)..(my disney voice).Ok, that's enough can we try the other arm please... both arms have bruising.. CALGON!!!!!
That's the main reason I stop Remcaid, you have to have an IV of the stuff every 6 wks at the Dr's office, then you sit there for 2 hrs...freezing your arse off, cuz it dang near puts you in a como thus leading the nurse to take your blood pressure every other minute to make sure your still existing! It works beautifully for RA, but emotionally after a 1yr and 6 months I just couldnt take it any further...in between the 6 wks your required to have your blood taken, to make sure they arent giving you lymphoma or killing your kidneys (2 major side effects for Remcaid)...so for 1 1/2 yrs I had a needle in my body every month! Today I give my self injections every week....I would rather poke myself than have anyone else try to take a "stab" at it.....lol
C-boy is back at school...he got a very nice warm coat for Christmas from his Aunt & Uncle in CA...(holla!) he is happy to be using it during this cold spell we are currently in...we SKYPED each other last night using our new Webcams (holla Sultan!) his the web guru that brought my family together....
C-boy gave us the 1 min tour of the dorm...lol it was wonderful to see him rather than just chat of the phone...all you soon to be college moms...invest in a Webcam...it's the best thing...
now to catch up on my reading!!
up hear in georgia it is a high of 37 today, and that isn't too bad as long as the wind doesn't blow, but i have to admit, seeing those pics of the polar bears and the ice, especially the polar bear coming up out of the water, i am freezing my booty off. thanks for sharing your "balmy" weather report, lol.
ReplyDeletehave a blessed day and stay warm.
regina
I'm so with you; 55 degrees seems cold here when we are used to warm 70s/80s; bundle up!!! we had our share of cold weather a few weeks back but now, thank you Lord, its been in the 80s this week and I'm loving it!
ReplyDeleteglad your eldest found a place he could have some social interaction; that is very important as you know!
sorry it is so hard for you to have blood drawn; I have veins that just scream "choose me, choose me" and they get me the very first time, its like the veins guide the needles in, but my daughter is a hard draw so I can sympathize with your discomfort :(
betty
So are these pictures that you put in today's journal entry what you all looked like on your web cams when you skyped each other?
ReplyDeletelol
Well, it's 22 degrees at lunch time in Nashville and I hear it will be cold (3 degrees tonight).
Oh my. I'm gonna come visit you if this keeps up. lol
Sonya
I really love the cold weather as my arthritis doesn`t trouble me at all. It`s the damp weather that causes the pain. Its mild and damp here today and my joints are feeling it! :o(
ReplyDeleteLove and ((Hugs))
Sandra xxxx
You sound like you may be as cold natured as I am. In the upper 50's and I'm layered. Wish it was easier for you with the blood tests. We just do what we gotta do when it comes to something like that :)....
ReplyDeleteYour post got me to giggling on the panda bear comment, LOL. It is 17 degrees in Southern, MD but we're to go up to 22 degrees today. Woot! I'm not complaining though because some folks are under the 0, brrrrrr! Stay warm and God Bless!
ReplyDeleteBrrrr...us Florida girls have a rought tie with this weather. My Temp meter says 55 right now, and it's mid afternoon! I want 70's. Wah-wah! "They" by Superbowl wkend the weather will be arm again.
ReplyDeleteI'm on Methotrexate for my RA. My Rheumy has me come every 4 weeks for bloodwork. It's been 10 yrs now that I've been seeing him. I have 2 spots where blood can be drawn. Had one girl who thought she know better than me and took it from the wrong spot. I had told her in my "Disney voice" also. Well, she did what she did and ended up sticking me again. I said nothing, but I know she knew I was displeased. One of the nurses who is a fellow RN told me that the girl "Knows it all", but asks the others in the office to draw my blod. She feels intimadated. Good-I've got enough pin holes in me.
Try to find someone who is good at doing your bldwork and request that person. medical personal feel good when the patient does that. We get so few kudo's.
hugs...
If I went to the local zoo today, stood by the polar bears, I would know what its like it Alaska. However, Alaska was warmer today then what it was here! LOL
ReplyDelete50 sounds heavenly to me . We were at 13 last I looked but it is better than the below 0 we were having. Keep warm ! 'On Ya'-ma
ReplyDelete