Sunday Sayings

 

 

A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.
Antoine de Saint-Exupery 1900 - 1944

 

People need dreams, there's as much nourishment in 'em as food.
Dorothy Gilman 1923 -

 

 

Imagination is so important, without it we would not be able to read, watch movies, television, enjoy the many varieties of Art,  architecture,  autos, or even Disney for goodness sakes! never mind the billion other things...

I'm thankful for the people whom tap into their imaginations... take the quote about a pile of rocks....I still would see a pile of rocks.  Or beach sand...I see white sand, sure its beautiful... others create sculptures of an unbelievable scale.  I with my lonely bucket sit pondering what to do....(?).....shameful my imagination or creativity.....

I enjoy when an author can give you the visual, detailing the country sides or city landscapes... I have been to Spain, Ireland, England, Alaska  etc...without leaving my living room.  I love that an engineering team designs a building, or the computer gurus that allow us to connect to one another...amazing!

 

Can you imagine what our world would be like if people didn't use their imagination?

7 comments:

  1. You are so right about imagination. I love to read and words turn into pictures for me too. Lovely thoughts today.
    'On Ya'-ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think our world would be a bit dull without imagination and without people using their imagination to make so many of the wonderful products we've learned to depend on; and I'm so thankful the Lord gave us this wonderful gift of imagination!

    enjoy your day

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I believe we all need our dreams to get us through life. :o)

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I believe we all need our dreams to get us through life. :o)

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe we all need our dreams to get us through life. :o)

    Love Sandra xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cindi you give yourself too little credit. I'll tell you something that I've come to look forward to and that's your use of "Sunday Sayings", I wouldn't miss them. So, you see, oh creative and imaginative one, you make a difference in my Sundays and I thank you.

    Love,
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I couldn't make it through my everyday without my imagination. Thanks for sharing these. Take care and enjoy,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History