The pass few weeks have been a challenge. Life throws you different red rubber balls, you either dodge them or get smacked in the head. We have been successfully dodging them, but the game still continues and we are growing tired. We have many, many blessing in our lives, so we'll rest a bit on the side lines, grab a Gatorade, revive our spirit and get back into the game of life.....
I originally stop my journal, because I was tired, and had nothing to say. So why write! Eat, work, sleep is all I have been doing. On occasion I would read a journal here & there...(sorry if I didnt get to all of you) my time had become so limited.
Currently, I'm exhausted, anxious, a bit confused too!
With C-boi attending college out of state, we have up'd the level of stress. He has been truly blessed by this University. The coaches have taken him under their wings, we could not ask for a better administration. He's lifetime friendships he has acquired are remarkable. I didn't expect another family to "adopt" our son, but they have, and my heart is full of love for them.
On tues I posted on FB a prayer request for C-boi was traveling home. My prayers were answered. He was about 30 minutes away from college, traveling on the highway, when his engine blew, creating a massive amount of smoke inside the car, he was able to pull to the side of the road, jump out & call me (800 miles away).....Oi! Let me take a moment here.
We are blessed because he is safe, second because it was so close to school instead of the middle of nowhere & the early morning hours...If I think of the different scenarios...(let just not go there)....
We scrambled with what to do, how to do, when to do in a matter of minutes....One of C-bois friends offered himself to drive, towing a trailer, gather up C-boi, and bring him home....Yesterday, he arrived safely....today they will be on the road again....so, I'm requesting a prayers again...
As for the Jeep...not sure what is going to happen, or how we'll find the money to replace a vehicle.....right now I just need to catch my breath, wait until they arrive home, and figure out how to dodge the next ball.....
I'll be praying all goes well. You have had some crazy days but it's wonderful that your son is ok and has a friend to help too. One day at a time is about all any of us can do.
ReplyDeleteYou have had some challenges, but I guess challenges make us a little stronger. I am finally going to get whatever proceedure they have to do to try to get my heart back to a normal beat today. anytime it is the heart they mess with it makes me apprehensive but to be able to get around without panting and gasping for air is going to make it all worth while. Take care Cindi and you will see, things will look brighter.There is always a way to get done what has to be doone.
ReplyDeleteglad he is ok,nice to see you back,tc mort x
ReplyDeleteSweet Cindi, What a scare that must have been! Like you said Thank God he was close to school. I am so happy that he is safely home! I hope that you and your wonderful family have a great summer. I will be praying for relief for your exhaustion, bless your heart. I understand work, eat, sleep...it gets old quickly.
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings, Sharon
glad you are back, Cindi; that is life, you know, the good, the bad, the balls being thrown; we just trust in God, pray to him and know he knows what is best. It is hard though because it is so exhausting at times though!
ReplyDeleteThank you Jesus for protecting C-Boi!! glad he got home safe and sound. I bet you gave him the biggest of hugs!!
betty
Hi Cindi...just one day at a time..as the song goes...let's not worry about tomorrow...let's enjoy the blessings of today...C-boi is ok..home...you have seen that he is ok...let's stop...put our feet up...breathe deep...and relax..and keep our faith in Him who loves us so and knows our every need..He is love..and He loves us!!!! God Bless..hugs from Ora in KY
ReplyDeleteHave a Happy Mothers Day
ReplyDelete