Memorial Day already??? Where the heck did Easter go? Unbelievable how fast the years roll by...
We are expecting C-boi's Jeep back any day ....can I get a Woohoo!
It has been a tad stressful, sharing my vehicle along with various work, social schedules..let's just say I need to replenish my inventory of Calgon, and Preference by Loreal hair dye....
On the work front some Corporate visitors came by, the Store was a twitter....the managers make me laugh looking all busy impressing the VP's...if they (VP's) would like to know what happens on a daily basis, may I suggest they grab some popcorn sit in the break room & watch the surveillance tapes? lol
We're planning a lil gathering for Memorial Day...some bbq & fireworks??? Is it wrong to ignite fireworks on Memorial Day??? We have extra, just thought we would light some for fun...who knows we'll see...
Watermelon Salsa.....

- 2 cups seeded finely chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
Directions
- In a large bowl, combine the melon, cucumber, onion, peppers and herbs. Drizzle with honey and lime juice; gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips. Yield: 3 cups.
LOL on the work front. I sure wish I lived close by, because I would crash your Memorial Day get together. It sounds like a lot of fun. I know you can't wait for C- boi to pull in. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteAt my old job, it was funny to watch everyone clean and do what they were supposed to do when the big kids came to play. I wanted to tell them that they should always pretend that they are there. It ran smoothly.
ReplyDeleteWe watch fireworks at the lake on all 3 summer holidays so yes, it is cool.
That salsa looks so good!
Have a great holiday!
makes you want to slip corporate a DVD of what really goes on at your store, LOL! fireworks and Memorial Day sounds like a great fit!! I hope you guys have a great time! and yum on that watermelon salsa!
ReplyDeletebetty
The Watermelon Salsa sounds very refreshing! I might have to give that one a whirl!
ReplyDeleteI think fireworks is appropriate everyday of the year, LOL.
Happy Summer, Cindi!
ReplyDelete