Sunday Sayings.....

 

Other than a dimple in a cute little chin,
What's more adorable than a toothless grin?
~Azu "Betty" Espezia

Just a short note, not much going on....Work has slowed considerably, most snowbirds have arrived north...WHEW, another season to put in the books....glad that's over & done!

I seriously need to re"think" my job....If I could find something without the involvement of the public on a regular basis, I know I would be much happier....lol..guess I should start investigating & applying....plus praying as well....

I've been letting my hair grow longer...I'm at the stage of, "If these bangs get in my eyes one more time, I'm going to".....pin them back, keep trying to grow to one length...I might just have to have bangs tho...lol 

Enjoy today's recipes!

 

Pizza Lover's Pie Recipe

 

Ingredients

  • 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
  • 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed and halved
  • 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
  • 8 slices pepperoni
  • 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano

Directions

  • In a large skillet, cook the sausage, pepper and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Set aside.
  • Roll half of dough into a 12-in. circle. Transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Layer with half of the mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese and pizza sauce. Top with the sausage mixture, pepperoni, mushrooms and 1/8 teaspoon oregano.
  • Roll out remaining dough to fit top of pie. Place over filling; seal edges. Layer with remaining pizza sauce, cheeses and oregano.
  • Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until golden brown.

 

Pineapple Salad Recipe

 

Pineapple Salad....

  • 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple slices
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon honey
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 6 cups torn romaine
  • 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion

Directions

  • Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Cut slices in half; set aside. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the oil, honey, vinegar, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice; shake well.
  • Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Combine the romaine, onion slices and pineapple slices in a serving dish. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat.

3 comments:

  1. that pineapple salad looks like it would be good for summer. good for you, Cindi, on trying to get your hair to one length; I did that this past year and finally got it that I could cut my hair and not have to worry about bangs. It was a relief to get it cut though because it was driving me crazy, LOL. I've told you before, retail is hard work! I hope something could come up for you that was less stressful and more enjoyable; dealing with the public and the customer day after day after day would be hard to deal with.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh that recipe looks good. And I'm here to tell you...any job where you have to work with other people, period---is challenging. lol

    Hope you have a good Sunday evening and a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh those recipes sound gooood! I'm praying that you will find something better my friend. I go through the same thing with my hair then give in & cut it. LOL Mine is so thick that the summer heat just gets to me....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.