..Engrish is my second ranguage

random 037

(above Bentley saying Whacha doing?)

We were learning different languages last night at work.....Living in the land of "tourism", you receive a wide variety of visitors from around the globe.....I was talking to a Cuban family last night, I shared my experience of Spanish....these are important terms to know when traveling.....

Dónde está el baño - (Where's the bathroom?) This phase is important because generally my 1st words when cruising the Western Caribbean are... Dos cervezas por favor ( Two beers please....)...lol

My french is limited ...Quelle est l'heure s'il vous plaît - What's the time please....you know when you dont use it you lose it.....Why this phrase stuck with me from high school I have no idea.....

We have a few Haitian workers, they speak Creole....I learned - Kouman a li prale? -(How's it going?) Haitian's are so laid back...I was about to ask my friend the 2 important traveling questions....you know cervezas & baño? When our manager came up to us and said Jwenn Travay....-(Get to work)...our manager doesn't speak Creole this was the 1st time I had ever heard him speak the language...my friend immediately rushes away, I'm left standing with a dumb look on my face...What the????

...later tells me what he said ... I guess managers learn that term in all languages......lol

Gestionnaires Oi me rendre fou .....or if you perfer Haitian.. Administratè OI kondwi m 'fou .. or maybe in Spanish Gerentes Oi me vuelves loco ....

Adiós

6 comments:

  1. After living in the NC high country for four years.....I've lost it all....except maybe mountainese, ya'll....lol

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cindi you are so fun!! The only one I knew was, I have to go to the bathroom!! Always important...I hope that you are well and happy in sunny Florida!! Wish I were there friend!
    Blessings~Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute Cindi! it is fun to pick up a little bit of this language or that language. I'm awful and know only a few words of Spanish although it is such a prevalent language spoken here. Who knows one day might actually learn it!

    interesting group of people you work with :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hilarious! I don't know any other language other than English, & I'm not that good at it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. got to be an ace of all languages in this country any more

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.