
What matters is not the idea a man holds, but the depth at which he holds it. Ezra Pound
I'm exhausted, but on my last day of a 7 in a row work week. This week left us minus a manager. He wasn't "completely" doing his job, they had warned him x2 previously. Not real sure what the issues were, they are passing around Safety violations...could be a host of issues...not our business to know anyway... I don't like to see anyone lose their job, I hope all goes well for him & his family tho....
I was able to "break" away from the Service desk one day this week....aaah the taste of freedom. They needed help with pricing...so I volunteered to assist. I was given the Electrical dept....a few of our displays were marked down so I had to change the tags....Up/Down the ladder a multiple times... a million lights blasting in my face...my hormones going nuts....led me to a "Sweating" fit I've never seen....lol never mind the fact I'm so out of shape....Oi! I'm still paying the "price" two days later, my thighs are screaming for relief.....lol
On with Cboi & car .....we're dropping a new engine in the Jeep....my friend at work her husband is a mechanic...he checked the Jeep out, gave his opinions...told us some stuff we didn't know, and a lot we already did...
We are keeping our fingers crossed that the engine arrives this week, and by next weekend the mechanic will be working on it...We want Cboi to assist, seems as tho he added some high octane to the gas on a regular basis...thought it would help on mileage (couple that with some other stuff)...she sure was running hot....lol Better to laugh about it, than cry....

Here's a fun way to present salad to your guests...
Gazpacho Salad

Ingredients
- 4 tomatoes, diced and seeded
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 2 green peppers, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
-
DRESSING: - 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- Juice of 1 lemon (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions
- In a 1-1/2-quart bowl, layer one-third to one-half of the tomatoes, cucumbers, green peppers, onion, olives, salt and pepper. Repeat layers two or three more times.
- In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Pour over vegetables. Cover and chill several hours or overnight.
Sorry you are so sore. I would be the same plus the sweating too. I hope everything falls into place with the engine. Colt's truck is down too. We are hoping to find a rearend tomorrow. It seems like it's always something doesn't it? You need to get some much needed rest. Enjoy the rest of your day! Love the salad idea
ReplyDeleteThat salad recipe is exactly what I would have right now if I had all the ingredients. It sounds so good. I can not get live writer configured on my different machine, tried using the font on Design on the do it your self blog design. Not crazy about that.May try it again.
ReplyDeleteyou are a trooper for going home and down that ladder!! I can imagine your muscles would be screaming after the fact!!
ReplyDeleteglad that it sounds like good news about C-Boi's car maybe being able to be 'saved' rather than a new car in the line up. I bet he will be careful with what he puts in the tank in the future
yum on the salad!!
wow, that was definitely a grueling work schedule; hope you have a few days off to recoop and regroup
betty
Oh how I've missed your reads, hoping to catch up soon.
ReplyDeleteTake care of you my friend,
Katie