Laughter is the closest thing to the grace of God. Karl Barth 1886 - 1968
We have to pray with our eyes on God, not on the difficulties. Oswald Chambers 1874 - 1917
Serve a little Florida tonight for dinner.....try this recipe...yummy!
Shrimp Tacos with Citrus avocado salsa...Back to the Basics Key West blend
I'm starting to "tear" up again....Cboy has started to drrrrrag his stuff out of his room..he's preparing for his "road trip" back to college...blah....he has to report early for football camp...He has mixed emotions about that....2 a days are not fun....One of my main gripes about college life...is the PAPERWORK....mounds of the stuff...it never ends....
I'm looking forward to "regaining" some sq footage back...It seems as tho when "Cboy" arrives home, he takes up the entire house....lol
I've added a couple of new "gadgets" on my side bar...
I love looking at the animals so check out the Monterey Bay Aquarium Web cam...all kinds of critters you can look at.. "Gatorland" fun eh?....Check out "Mingo" too...this site takes you to the Smithsonian Zoo...
now time to enjoy the Fl sun....
About 6:30 i'll be popping that turkey out of the oven.....
ReplyDeleteEnjoy the sunshine.....LindaMay
ps....expected high today in the mountains 76*....whew!!! a hot one!!
Gosh, I want to go visit LindaMay!!!
ReplyDeleteHang in there. I know it's tough when he leaves!
Hey Cindi, good to hear from you again. I really have not put to much input on how I feel about healthcare. Any time something controversial comes up and I talk about it on my blog I get in trouble. I did go so far as to say that I thought people should not shout and push and shove at these town hall meetings. I will be 80 in Nov. so I look at it this way, it has to be better than nothing for me at my age. I have inquired from friends in Canada about their system. They are younger than I am and they have a little girl, but they are happy with their system but it is all they have ever known. I do believe in freedom of speech but the behaviour at some of these town halls are way beyond freedom of speech.They are shouting matches. Cindi, I know you are going to miss , who I believe is your son, please tell him to make sure he will come home. I wish mine could. Take care Cindi and please come back and visit soon.
ReplyDeleteI forgot to tell you it was 103 here yesterday!!!!Hot Hot Hot!
ReplyDelete(((Cindi))) I'm so sorry C-Boy's leaving is getting you so teary; I would be the same; so I understand. You just go ahead and cry; I know you are going to miss him!
ReplyDeletethe taco recipe sounds delicious! I have to try that some time!
I liked the Oswald Chambers quote about prayer, so very true. I'm not sure about Karl Barth's; I think forgiveness is the closest thing to the grace of God, but what do I know?
hoping you got to soak in some good Florida sun today!
betty
Like the new gadgets (critter cams). Have a good week.
ReplyDeleteSonya