We're back from our trip....Whew!....traveling by air is getting harder. I'm not "bouncing" back like I use to...for that matter I'm not "bouncing" back from a lot of things....lol
If you ever fly into Dallas & change terminals & gates...use Skylink....that was our saving grace....as a matter of fact one family saw us pick up our speed after departing from our previous flight, we were heading for the escalators...once inside the tram, the "mom" gave me a wink, then when the tram announce our gate...the mom said a silent here? I gave a nod in reply....by the time we approached our gate, it was boarding...whew!.....I did get to use the "lav" before taking our seats tho, we were the last group to board...whew!....
As most of you know I traveled to Colorado....30 yr high school reunion....had a blast...missing my voice, by the way if you find it please return it to me....it's been missing for several days now... I have not seen most of these folks in 10 years, (since the last reunion)...what made it hysterical for me was the fact everyone kept commenting how "Everyone looks great".....I held my tongue...thinking, this is what we have become .....OLDER.....pat00wy!
We all know how the harmonies have been effecting my life....so the 1st night as I walked across the threshold, my eyes start to welt up...I was the "cryer"....I couldn't help it either....dang it....where's a hot flash when you need one....The room was full of "buddies"...the men looked better than the women (my opinion)...The women looked like they have been busy the last 10 years....raising a family, managing a spouse, "attending" work does seem to show a bit on us gals.....maybe by the next one, we'll improve....
I had not "planned" on closing a bar 2 nights in a row either....2am (4 my time) was late...Sat morn I had to awake early, because of an "prearrange" (nothing to do with a high school reunion)...appointment....alas...I survived...barely...by the time Sun rolled around I had made camp on my folks couch, I looked, felt, and seemed as if I was on a 3 day drinking binge...funny thing is I do not drink....just keeping up was the effort...lol...Sat night we hit the dance floor like teenagers....now that was hysterical...
I'll be FB'ing most of my buds....only a select few know I do this blog thing....not sure I want the "whole" world to know...lol
The vaca was great....seeing family, was wonderful, sharing with friends, amazing....the Colorado Mountains....BEAUTIFUL!

Wow! You were sure burning the midnight oil friend!! I stayed up until 1:00 am a few weeks ago, and honestly, I couldn't get a darn thing done the next day!! (smile) Isn't it funny how we used to stay up all the time, school and work the next day...then go out again that night??! Whaaaat Happened??
ReplyDeleteHa! Well, I'm so glad you had a good time. We missed you and are very glad you're back.
glad you enjoyed your time
ReplyDeletesounds like a fun time you had with the reunion! it must be neat to feel comfortable going back after the last reunion and reconnecting with friends (I haven't been to any reunions other than our 15th and that was enough for me, LOL). I think FB is a good thing for keeping up with former classmates; excellent idea there!
ReplyDeletewe are glad you are back safe and sound!
betty
Sure sounds like you had a great time!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you had such a wonderful time. I bet everyone of your classmates are trying to re-coop now!
ReplyDelete