Tomato Plant in Hay? you say..& the "ring" with "bling"!

Leave the Twine around the bale first of all
Cut out a hole, pour dirt into the hole, insert the plant, add more dirt, water.
add some Marigold's around to help keep the bugs away.

I found this a while ago...I thought it was very interesting...I'm sure some have know about this for a while...I'm pure novice when it comes to veggie gardening. This looked so simple I thought we might make an attempt.....I think I might try herbs too...a couple of easy, ego pleasing, plants...then I would be able to call myself a veggie gardener.

Long ago in our 1st home, hubby had a vegetable garden, he grew corn, cauliflower, bib lettuce, radish, carrots...I tended to the flowers...rose bushes mainly we had twenty of them...wish I had our digital camera then....

In our 2nd home, hubby planted me a flower garden. It was beautiful. we had pansies, bleeding hearts, columbines, day lilies, delphiniums, echinacea, daisy, morning glory...& more...oh my....at the front our our home we had 3 lavender bushes...loved those...a Clematis the house was surrounded by phlox...(which in my opinion can not be killed) soooooo beautiful in the Spring...bet everyone is enjoying their phlox blooms now... Awww the joys of spring...adjusting to "summer" year around has had its challenges...

Now for the "ring"

C-boy had hubby bring it home, cuz he knows his mama loves the jewelry.... so here's the Conference ring the boys worked so hard for,they won back to back next season they are going for the third diamond....beauty aint she!!!

I told him thanks for sharing...I'll be holding it until he comes home in 2 wks...(can't believe its been a year he's been away) One college year down, 3 more to go...now I want the "graduation" ring....that's what really matters most!

2 comments:

  1. never have seen a tomato plant in hay before

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never seen anything planted in a bale of hay before, but I think that's really neat!! Let us know how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History