Still the one....after 26 yrs

Many of you know & have given me our congrats early.... I thank you...but today is 26 years of marriage to my sweet, kind hearted, loving man....my HUBBY!

omgoodness, but we were just babies..Hubby is holding on to our 1st of many bottles of bubbly....hiccup! excuse me...lol...we are leaving for the reception.....our honeymoon was in Tahoe....beautiful place!!!

We flew into Reno...there happen to be a "Spring" snow storm...we had an hour trip to Tahoe ahead....our limo canceled due to the amount of snow, so we grabbed a taxi...no problem...he decides to stop at dispatch to pick up tire chains, just in case....we were so out of it, we didn't care....probably should have stayed in Reno...but we made it to Tahoe... We arrive at hotel, hubby gets out of the car, I get out the other side...the door scraps a foot of snow on the ground....like I said, we were out of it...probably should have stayed in Reno for the night...Cabbie comes over to me, picks me up and carries me to hotel door...not your typical Groom/Bride over the threshold, but hey I was wearing sandals ("Spring" wedding)......lol

...back to hubby....I'm really still not sure why he stays with me, especially when I always ask him goofy questions, like: Did you know it would last? Have you been happy...all those insecure girly things...he always fills my ego with the right information...I wish he would open the car door more often tho..I need him to work on that.....I do receive my cup of joe in the morning from him.....lol

As for the interview...he passed round 1...waiting for round 2....thanks again for your thoughts & prayers...they have touched us deeply....

Enjoy your day

7 comments:

  1. Now that's what I call a true love story. Happy Anniversary once again. Take care and enjoy,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cindi, love the photo and Happy Anniversary! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute couple! happy 26th. I ask mine those same silly questions. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I'm so late in saying congratulations but it is heart felt. Anyone who stays married these days is in my book of hero's. Loved the Tahoe story.
    Hugs, Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  5. happy belated anniversary! such a great picture of the two of you on your wedding day; I'm glad you didn't stay in Reno and journeyed onto Tahoe, otherwise, you wouldn't have had such a cute story to share! what a trooper that cab driver was for sure! bet he didn't know what all was going to be required of him when he picked up that fare of yours/hubby's!

    good luck with the interviewing process with your hubby; such a stressful time I'm sure!

    thanks for emailing me; that was sooo sweet of you :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History