Sip your coffee, while I blog about the humorous day to day happenings with my family, cats, or me crocheting, going to the beach, sharing recipes, books, last but not least enjoying the love of COFFEE...
I love Gravy......
Po-boi has been given a gift. We are excited, elated, humbled by the amount of gravy or as I like to say AWESOMESAUCE, cuz after all, gravy by definition is the fat or juices that drip from cooked meat. YUmmm, how could you NOT like gravy...or as I like the old slang gravy relating to MONEY aka Awesomesauce!
Mind you we are not driven by greed, it is driven by MUST. I also use the word Awesomesauce when rewarding my fellow associates at work. Telling management the associate did great, the old pat on the back if you will. I know, I know weird, but hey we're not all the same...I would much rather hear a complement, so if I like receiving them, why not let others have some Awesomesauce as well....back to Po-boi oops cant call him that anymore either...
Back to the beginning...no not GENESIS beginning...geeesh....lol
Po-boi received a phone call mid July from his old asst coach...Want to intern for us? Po-boi holding bills in one hand, recent job rejection letters in the other response....How much does it pay????
Coach: ...NOTHING, nil, na-da, zilch, You'll get to be with me tho gain experience....lol
Po-boi: ...ok....
Off to school he goes...Po-boi lined up a small part-time position, we were feeling so elated that the job opened up allowing him to at least pay for his apartment, then a buddy calls needing a room, Po-boi had a spare, now we were feeling great, cuz his expenses are now cut if half. We set up an apartment, during this time Po-boi is told by the same coach.
Coach: Want to make this a paying job???
Po-boi...duhhh.
Coach: How about you G.A. (Grad Asst) for us...
Po-boi: ...aaahhhh awesomesauce....
Coach: What???
Po-boi: Yes sir, I would love to be a G.A.
The next few weeks, were a bustle of activity. Football camp has started, Po-boi working 15-18 days with camp, plus a few extra at the part-time job...Living on bread & butter, no food in the pantry...Then a day here/there meeting with Campus executives (the President, Athletic Director, Deans) interviewing him for the G.A. position. The Universities take this very very serious, after all they are backing you for your future. Basically a Grad Assistant is a paid position by the University for a student to continue their education in (Masters program). So, he will get his Masters paid for, plus additional monies to live on....GRAVY.....
Po-boi (aka Grad-boi) heard this week. He is the new G.A. for the football program. He will have a list of duties with football, the players will refer to him a Coach, he has be given an area for recruitment (FL) is among the states on his list. He is continuing his education in Phys Ed, which is an inside joke (I always called him my P.E. teacher) ......to receive all this and not give thanks to our Lord, for his abundance he has given us. I cannot give more praise...it is TOTALLY AWESOMESAUCE!
I think I will close this blog or at least change it's name....Wishing for my turn just doesnt fit the need anymore......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It is amazing to see God's work in this, every step of the way! Glad to hear Poi-Boy's career is taking off like this; all wonderful news; indeed a great gift from God, to him be the glory!
ReplyDeletebetty
I'm with Betty, GREAT to hear. and I like the Gravy , it never hurts to have the gravy too!!!!
ReplyDeleteFrom Bangor...LOVE
How awesomesauce! Congratulations to Coach!
ReplyDelete