A moment alone....DRAMA QUEEN















We have experienced some very grown up moments lately.  We are talking about Let go, and LET God moments.  Eldest has some challenges in life.  He does not lack confidence, nor is he shy, withdrawn.  The traits of his personality are his greatest strengths, some would give an eye tooth to have these abilities.  As for his disabilities, (which we all lack something) it is safe to say, existing without the help of others on a day to day basis, would be very  extremely difficult.  He is an dependent independent soul.  A gift from God, truly.

Eldest has been "vacationing" with Po-boi.  Po-boi has moved 900 miles away (again) leaving hubby & I "empty" nesters for a short period.  Po-boi has 2 jobs, one for financial support, the other for the experience to gain a lifetime of financial support.  He's interning with his college football team.  While they've enjoyed the easy life, sleeping on a blown up mattress, existing on cheese & crackers, beer, (oops Po-boi drinks the beer) Eldest prefers flavored drinks, ie Gatorade, Propel to name a few.  The "rough" life has been thrust upon him, honestly about time.  

The financial job that supports Po-boi is a night auditor for a hotel, thus leaving him the time to intern.  We (meaning all of us) thought that Po-boi would not report to that job until this coming weekend, we knew of day training would occur. That is why we (meaning Hubby & I ) agreed Eldest could go with him on his trip 900 MILES AWAY.  3 days ago about 630 pm, I receive a call from Po-boi (tho college educated not very intelligent)......it went something like this..

Po-boi - Ma, worked called, the manager asked if I wanted more hours, I said sure...great huh?  Anyhoo I will be reporting to work in a few hours, they asked me to train on the over night shift, and....and... Eldest will be by himself for the first time ever in his life alone, in the apartment 900 miles away from his mother , but everything will be alright ...
  
MA - I'm sorry Po-boi what was that??? Did you say that Eldest will be, let me get this right... by him.. HIMSELF FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER IN HIS LIFE, ALONE...ALONE IN THE APARTMENT 900 MILES AWAY FROM HIS MOTHER!!!

Po-boi -  but everything will be ok?  MA??? MA??? let me talk to Pops...

MA- (ballin my eyes out) I'm  alright, I I I just have to breathe right now....WHY DID YOU CALL ME?  Have I tortured you sometime in your life??? (CALGON!!!!)

Po-boi - Ma, he'll be ok, you're such a drama queen (ok, so he didnt say the latter, but we all know he thought it)

Ok, so Eldest did for the FIRST TIME EVER SPEND the night alone 900 miles away from his mother.(sniff, sniff) (breathe)....hey,....what a sec, Eldest spent the night alone????  How awesome is that! another grown up moment...for me!



1 comment:

  1. Well, for a drama Queen you have a great entry here. Great read. Only 900 miles? ahh taht ain't bad!

    Love from New York's Rondout Valley.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.