We are back from "moving" Po-boi into his 1st apartment. We left in the wee hours of the morning, tugging along a 12' trailer packed to the gills with junk from Po-boi's room. The trips were long, loud, and very bumpy. I feel as tho I've been bustin Brahma bulls. The weather on this 900 mile journey was pleasant for the ride to, but fro Oh boy, just some advice here folks. When the weather service reports a VERY DANGEROUS storm, you should probably pull over, but since we were only going 30 miles an hour, it seemed ok...it was after when hubby had to have his hands pried off the steering wheel, we elected to eat inside a restaurant to take a breather rather than plow thru....whew! The idiot that attempted to speed pass us then went sideways for a second, they elected to apply their brakes, and follow behind safely for a few miles...The TN & KY smokies are beginning to show signs of fall. Pops of color here/there. The weather was very cool for us FL folk. We awoke to mid 60's, highs of high 70' low 80's. I packed expecting to have humidity, nope it was absolutely perfect. We had a blast in Gatlinburg, TN. I would recommend this to anyone! We missed the crowd, the kids all are back in school, so it was virtually a ghost town, spoiling.
We got Po-boi settled in to his apartment. He is SOOOO lucky to have us as parents. Working 18 hour days currently with football camp, giving no time to unpack boxes, rearrange furniture, grocery shop...etc He was too exhausted to notice the first night, he just walked to his bedroom, zonked out. The next morning when he awoke, a lil confused because he was not on the floor on a deflated air mattress, did he realize how lucky he is to have us as parents. lol Part of me just wanted to dump his stuff, turn about walk out his door, but common sense prevailed. I have witness 4 yrs of dorm living, I could not trust his judgement to unpack a single box. I withheld from taking pictures of his place after I had it all set up. Guys dont take pics of their living arrangements. I rolled the bath towels, arranging them in size & color. placing them on a nice lil bookcase we had brought, when Hubby burst my bubble, stating, You think it will ever look like this again? I gave a shrug with my shoulders, replied I can dream cant I? lol When we went grocery shopping I purchased all the stuff that eats up too much money, but is necessary, tp, paper towels, dish shop, laundry shop...etc
We know we have gave him a great start on single living. It felt good for us to do this, Po-boi is very grateful to have received, this, he didnt expect anything. We are just as lucky to have a great kid.
Po-boi is soooo lucky!!! You guys are great parents.
ReplyDelete