
I'm so surprise that the month of Aug has flown by....
Last week was Aug 1st...seriously, I can't believe tomorrow will be Sept 1st...wowzer!
Today, work was a tad troubling.
..people scheduled to show up, not showing...people scheduled at a later time, coming early..others complaining about their breaks..but what got my goat, was a girl interfering!!! NONE YOUR BUSINESS girl! You don't see me going into your area and directing traffic, so don't come into mine! CLEAR???? This person "believes" she is the "whole enchilada", but she's not.. Why must a business ALWAYS have a Miss Busybody???? I knew it from our 1st introduction...
Here's the scenario, I went to one of my co-workers (that I manage), told her that her break would be forth coming, I was leaving for lunch, and 5 or 10 minutes later someone would be coming in to relieve her..She was ok, understood we were a lil short handed.... I go to clock out, return come back a moment later to buy a coke...Miss "Busybody" is on the phone next to this girls register, complaining to the Store Manager, that I have "neglected" this associate...I'm standing behind Miss "Busybody" listening to every word....she hangs up, and states ...There, now we can go to break together, turns around and sees me 2" away from her face. She knows she has interfered, turns without a word towards the break room scurries off. The girl she wanted to have a break with, told me she just informed her that their break would have to wait 5 - 10 minutes, cuz I just informed her, Miss "Busybody" didn't want to wait, elected to call the manager...I said, sounds as if I have a problem to deal with....
The manager calls her moments later asks if I have "neglected" her, she says no then explains what happen....I buy my coke, thank her for being honest, I knew her "friend" put her in a tough spot.
I go into the break room, grab my purse & leave, cuz I knew my IRISH was stirrred up....Miss "Busybody" keeps her head down, as she should cuz I couldnt talk with her at the moment.....I go cool off for an about 45 minutes of so, when I return...get this ....UNBELIEVABLE!!!
"Miss Busybody" comes scurrying into the break room as I'm putting my purse away, and tells me to clock in cuz I'm late, she has stuff I need to do....Alarms are going off in my head...WHAT???? I reply I have 15 minutes left, which is NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!!! and if you need something done, go to my replacement that is currently on the floor I'm at lunch. She drops her mouth open then scurries away...a couple of co-workers start giggling..look at me & say, well, I guess you told her...I say nothing, cuz I can't...but boy HOWDY I wanted to...
I have to "deal" with this girl tomorrow, and she better be wearing her big girl panties, cuz the sooner I tend to her, the better off we'll be....
Other than that, the day in SWFL was beautiful!!!!!
Oh my goodness Cindi! I hate it when folks do this. We have a few just like that where I work also. It just infuriates me. Let us know how it goes.
ReplyDeleteThere is always someone like that wherever you work. Just watch your back, because I wouldn't put it past her to stick a knife in it.
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! I think I woulda slapped her..can you tell I'm not management material?...lol
ReplyDeleteMelanie
its days like this that I am glad that I work at home alone, LOL. What a nightmare. It would just be nice if people would do what they had to do when they had to do it. show up on time, take their breaks on time, etc. good luck when you deal with her tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteand you are right, where did August go? worse yet, where did this year go?
betty
Sounds like she needs to be put in her place. I wish you luck.
ReplyDeleteThere is one in every work place, I do believe. In a way I am glad I am not working anymore but I took a lot of stuff over the many years.
ReplyDelete