Sunday Sayings.....




I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering. ~Steven Wright

We are going to have a blessing today....C-boi is going to be baptized!!!!
and get this....we're going to be beach to have it done, totally awesome.

Cboi & friends have been staying busy with various activities. Just like toddlers, they rough house, wrestle, play Wii and are on 2 hour feeding schedule...I did one big grocery shopping spree before they arrived. (300.00 dollars) I knew the stuff Cboi liked, so I just doubled it....supplies are holding out, but I might have to go again before they leave..5 men in the house & lonely me...whew I need to detour to the spa instead of the grocery store....lol

I have had the last 4 days off, it feels like a vacation. I dread going back to work. I wont be there much longer. I have over the past year or so..many conversations with the store manager about "full time" employment. They schedule me more days in a row, but the hours are just short...(routine for retail). I told him I was going to look around, 1st with our company, then if that didnt work elsewhere. Not that it was a threat, but in that year time when various "full-time" positions would arrive, he would already place others in them. He wanted me at my current position cuz he could have the best of both worlds, can't say I blame him, why pay for the bennies when you can rely on a good worker at part time...anyhoo, he posted a full time position, told me about it, but then other stores posted higher paying full time positions....So since June I have interviewed with 3 different positions. Last week I was offered a new full time supervisory position at another location. I gobbled it up...when I spoke to the our Store manager, and asked if he would like to counter offer, he stated "I wish you the best of luck at your new position"...I haven't talked to my immediate supervisor, he was on vacation when all this went down...So tomorrow, I will have 2 wks left or those 14 days I am schedule 10...pretty much full time right???

I'm going to be busy til Sept, with work, transferring & Cboi leaving again for school....Oi I hope I can keep the hormonies in check.......pretty doubtful!....lol





2 comments:

  1. Hi Cin,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad that you like the pics.

    Congratulations on getting that new job. I hope that you find that it is your "perfect" job. I worked in retail while I was going through college, so, I certainly can sympathize with you on a lot of the stuff that you have to put up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!!! Congrats on the new job! I'm so happy for you. I can imagine all those men eating alot. You know how I have to feed Colt & he doesn't gain a pound. Thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History