New job....starts.....NOW!





Sylvester found another box to play in.....


Yesterday, my soon to be old boss decides that I should train immediately for my new position....keep in mind my new position is going to be at another store.  It's a step up from my current position, so the pay & hours are an improvement. Thrust into battle of the front line, was a tad challenging I must say, especially when I wasn't expecting it.


My supervisor gives me her phone, keys, then states "Here the job is yours".....part (a main part) of the job is to authorize any sales that are clearance... since I'm still at my old store I had no "actual" authority to give these permissions....but I had a phone & keys!!!!


Simultaneously,  I had 4 different supervisors giving me instructions, telling me look at the labor board, check for breaks, lunches, call for this call for that, the phone is ringing with cashiers wanting approval for clearance items, expecting me to run to their registers, whip out my authorization card....and poof...no magic... after about 5 minutes I said....wait a sec!!!  I realize you're enjoying this torture, but everyone of you has been "trained" properly in your current position, I expect the same!  You want me to "play" your role today...fine..excuse me while I find a manager to give me an authorization card..after I got my card...I hit the ground running...answering calls, making decisions, giving directions..


I know everyone was having a "good" time @ my expense, but what was aggravating, was they didn't expect me to step up to the plate...they still thought it was a joke I got my new supervisory position...by the end of my shift the supervisor that handed me her keys & phone stated I did great...she knew that I was treated unfairly, and everyone got a good laugh..tonight I work again...and again I'll be receiving the keys & phone, but this time I'll be ready!!!

6 comments:

  1. All right!!!!!!!!! Nothing like being faced with an unexpected challenge and handling it. Congratulations on a job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO-HOO!! YOU GO GIRL!!!i'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU & REMEMBER YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way to go Cindi!!! Sounds like you had a job well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely Friend, you can do this! I love it!! Good luck tonight, don't let get the best of you...like THAT'S going to happen!! Hugs~Sharon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History