Spicy Ravioli tonight....

As Sarah Palin is Going Rogue....I'm going Vegetarian....My comparison is soo similar.....lol 

21 days into the new year, and I've had one oops...I had a taco salad....it sounded soooo good...and it was....as I was chomping away, halfway thru my meal....I went...what?  Girl, you're eating meat!....AAAAAhhh the Vegetarian society is going to kill me....oh, wait I'm safe...I'm made of meat....whew...that was close....lol

My decision to go meatless, was based on I was practically there anyway...so why not...It has been a  bit of a struggle to change a life time of eating habits, tho.

The hardest meat to give up for me has been deli meat. Ahhh, the smoked turkey, or ham...take for instant BLT sandwich, I really said, I would give up the B in BLT...oh, that's tough....so, now I must find fake B or Tofu B....talk about becoming brave. (lol)  I have found a couple of products as good substitutes, for other meat dishes.  I have also added eggplant as a staple.  I have not however bought actually spongy Tofu yet but, my day is coming....

Tonight's menu selection will be Ravioli's

Spicy Ravioli

1 red pepper

1 green pepper

1 yellow pepper

1pkg frozen cheese Ravioli

(if meat lover use meat..or mushroom)

4 oz Mozzarella cheese

1 jar Salsa

grn onions (garnish)

Prepare ravioli to package directions. (drain)

Slice or chop one Green, red, and yellow  bell peppers.  Saute in olive oil, season to taste with Italian spices, or garlic salt, or Season salt.

Spray baking dish with non stick cooking spray prior to....

In 8" pan pour a thin layer of salsa in bottom of baking dish. Alternate layers of peppers, ravioli, cheese, salsa....repeat..ending with cheese as last layer. Cover with foil loose, bake 350 for 15 - 20 minutes until cheese is bubbly...top with grn onions...

If the family has to have meat saute Italian sausage and serve with meal.

Enjoy!!!

5 comments:

  1. I don't think I could go meatless but if you can do it more power to you. As for Sarah Palin, I simply can not stand her. Not for political reasons but just her. She grates on my nerves.,

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to eat any meat since my lapband surgery. Guess I'm now a vegetarian! LOL I love deli meats too and I miss have a sandwich in the afternoon. Have a good evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you Cindi! I thought about cutting out meat but I do much better if I have a lot of protein and have not found a good substitute for the protein in meat yet (though those Morning Star burgers come pretty darn close)

    recipe sounds good :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love taco salad and the deli meats and everything else in between so I'd never go vegetarian but I wish you luck if that's what you need to do. Your ravioli does sound good with those peppers in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would never survive as a vegetarian...I would get so hungry for meat I'd be absolutely miserable! lol I tasted tofu once and that was enough...bleck! I admire anyone who can eat that stuff! hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History