Cold hives, hot flash......

Yes, its true....I'm allergic to the cold...Cold weather hives...

We first discovered these hives around 6 years ago...at 1st I thought it was a reaction to my RA meds, after several tests, the hives sticking around, my RA Dr tells me I'm allergic to the cold???

What?? How can anyone be allergic to cold weather?  I blow it off thinking my Dr is pulling my leg, I continue taking antihistamines, and finally after a couple of months they go away...about 2 months after that we move to FL....all's fine until 2 days ago, when the frigid air mass decides to pay us a visit....guess what???? Yep, I broke out again...guess, I should have believed my old RA Dr...

Now the issue is more serious, my neck & shoulders are covered with itchy, red hives (cold allergies), all the while I'm sweating with a hot flashes..

Can a girl get a break?? Oi!....

7 comments:

  1. I haven't heard of that before. Bless your heart! I hope C-boi has made it by now

    ReplyDelete
  2. My daughter is allergic to the cold too and same as you she gets hives!!
    She has other allergies but this is an odd one..
    Have a good week
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. im just cold. my sympathies though.tc mort

    ReplyDelete
  4. i never heard of this (& i'm an old nurse). hope you're better soon. { }

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of that before. Good thing you don't live in other parts of the country. Wow Cindi. For your saKE i HOPE IT WARMS UP THERE SOON. As for hot flashes my daUGHTER IS FINALLY ABOUT AT THE END OF HERS and thank goodness cause with her hubby diagnosed with caNCER I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE WOULD HAVE REACTED. She had a long drawn out change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm sure glad I'm not allergic to the cold or I'd never survive living here in Northern Ontario! lol I had heard of being allergic to the cold before and I don't envy you having that. I know what you mean about the hot flashes...I went out the other day when it was -24F and I was in a sweat!!!! lol Hope your hives go away reallll soon. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had never heard of that before. I hope it clears up soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.

My History