![]() |
| borrowed from Pinterest |
Cloudy & rainy today, the season has begun. The local weather forecasters are a twitter, there could be a slight possibility for a tropical depression arriving next week. lol Tho I tease, FL does have it's act together with the storms. This lil storm popped up and brought a guest Saturday afternoon.
![]() |
| local fb news |
It was in the town north of us 17 miles or so. Near the mall, so I WILL be selective as to the time I go shopping in the future, cuz this is TOO close for me. No damages thankfully. Im going to rely on my Gmas story she told me when I was a little girl. The town Gma lived in (raised) south of Wichita KS, lays between 2 rivers. The Cherokee say a tornado will never touch down there, because of the 2 rivers protect the grounds making it safe. There have been plenty...too many tornadoes, but none have ever been in her town, always north of one river, or south of the other. Now we live between two lakes, I pray the Cherokee wisdom works in Seminole country Fl, tho they are lakes, and not rivers, we're in Fl not KS, and really pray the Cherokee got along with the Seminole, cuz I really dont want to be jinxed with a tornado.
With the cloudy sky, Im going to make a jambalaya for din din. No Gator bites on the side, we are still keeping an eye out for our uninvited guest. I was watching one of the infomercials early Sun morning..(.Insomnia comes with the pain in my rear RA)...anyway, this guy was selling home remedies to deter pests large or small. He said, shake some cayenne pepper around your veggie plants in your garden, this will deter bunnies from eating your veggies you got growin. So I figure I'll buy a 20# bag of cayenne pepper, spread it around the dock. Maybe it will deter the Gator.
I just had a thought, what if the Gator thinks I'm ringing the dinner bell? He could smell that pepper, come running. Cuz you know Gator's taste good with dat Cayenne pepper on em... Oooeee..


Congratulations on the new babe.
ReplyDeleteScary weather!
Congrats to all for the new baby! LOL with the cayenne pepper, you are right, he might think it is an invitation for dinner. Stay safe with the storms.
ReplyDeletebetty
Congratulations it is good to be a GREAT (smile) anything! Babies do seem to stir the family pot!
ReplyDeleteStorms? fortunately we have not had to endure and BAD storms in Florida, Once we did run from a hurricane and we did out run it.
Best to you all and the new one..
Congrats to ALL!! How exciting!! Glad they are both doing good!!! YIKES!! I don't like seeing things like that storm!! I'd be praying the legend is true as well!!
ReplyDelete