Journey...


Old Mill in Pigeon Forge, TN


If you ever get the opportunity go to Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg TN. You must visit this amazing place, The Old Mill, or the Pottery House Cafe.  At the Pottery House when you walk inside, the aroma of fresh bread baking hits you square between the eyes.  Heaven really, oh my I want to go back right now...I promise you will not go away hungry.

I'm pretty sure I know what happened now regarding my RA crud stuff...We celebrated Hubby's bday recently.  Since I was feeling great that day, I made Orange scones for breakfast. Then I prepared a pineapple upside cake.  Followed up by making him a huge meal.  I spent all my spoons, plus a few extra. Ok, so it takes me a while, but this journey Im on is one rocky road.  Sometimes my path will be covered with tiny pebbles to walk on, other days I will have boulders to climb. Thanks all for listening...  It's such a fine line, to put your information out to the world.  All our paths are different, again I appreciate the kind words, they do help.


Orange marmalade scone 
I love making scones.  I have to laugh, cuz it sounds so fancy, when really all you're doing is making biscuits.  Instead of scooping out the dough individually, just place in a pie dish!  Seriously easy.  A couple of adjustments to the recipe.  Adding a lil orange juice, zest as well as orange flavoring just enhances the scone more.  Top with the marmalade sprinkle a dab of sugar, pop it in the oven...yum yum.


Pineapple upside down cake


So who doesnt luv a Pineapple upside cake??? Baked this in the cast iron skillet...oh so good!!!  

Stella news.... She's mingling with us more and more outside Po-boi's room.  She will never be Mercedes friend plain and simple.  They will tumble whenever the opportunity arises.  Each fighting for their places.  Understandable I suppose.   We've compromised. Mercedes sleeps in our room during the day hours so we keep our door shut. Stella has free range of the home.  At night we reverse the scenario.  This does not please her Royal highness Stella, but if she is willing to risk a butt whoopin, like the other night when she dared Mercedes, then that is the risk she is willing to undertake.  LOL    



5 comments:

  1. Seems like you did well trying to get the cats to get along and then trying to work it out since they won't get along. It is also good that you realized where you spent your spoons and can appropriately plan maybe not to use too many on a particular day. Its a balancing act indeed.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Old Mill is my favorite place to eat in Pigeon Forge!!! Hubby loves Pineapple Upside Down cake!! I don't care for it myself. Probably the ONLY cake I don't care for! LOL I think the hubs likes the fact that I don't as he gets the entire cake!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I haven't had pineapple upside down cake in sooo long. It looks delicious.
    Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never made scones or an upside down pineapple cake. May have to try both! Love your blog pic of the beach background. Love me some beach! Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I luv the beach too...This pic was taken a couple years ago...Sanibel, Fl...fun lil Island...The lighthouse is just to the left....

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.