Sunday Sayings...





You've got a lot of choices. If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice. ~Steven D. Woodhull.


I have a "friend" on FB that recently ask...How come you are not posting those "God want's you to know"...on your page. I said, I dont know, I usually read them, but didnt think my "friends" wanted to see me post them all the time so I stopped. She requested that I post them, they made a difference in her life.
She shared some more personal information, which I will not go into, but it was enough for me to tear up and give her a hug, cuz you see I work with this "friend" as well. I love love love how God makes us interact with one another, yet we dont know he's using us until afterwards. My faith is deeper than any silly info that will post on FB, but I thought..Hey, I like sayings & stuff, let me post a couple of these on my wall. If you do not have me as a "friend" on FB here's what I posted today.... enjoy
... that today is a whole day for you to do good. What you do today is important because you are exchanging a whole day of your life for it. When tomorrow comes, this day will be gone forever; and in its place will be something that you had left behind... let it be something good.


today's recipe comes from Taste of Home
Yummy Vegetarian Reubens
Vegetarian Reubens Recipe
  • 1 package (6 ounces) sliced baby portobello mushrooms
  • 2 tablespoons Crisco® Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Canola Oil, divided
  • 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
  • 2 tablespoons butter, softened
  • 8 slices marble rye bread
  • 1/4 cup prepared Thousand Island salad dressing
  • 8 slices process Swiss cheese
  • 1 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained

DirectionsIn a large skillet, saute mushrooms in 1 tablespoon oil until lightly browned; remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. In the same skillet, saute spinach in remaining oil until wilted. Remove from the heat.Spread butter over one side of each slice of bread. Place four slices, buttered side down, on a griddle. Spread with half of the salad dressing; top each with one slice of cheese, a fourth of each the mushrooms, spinach, sauerkraut; top each with 1 slice cheese.Spread remaining salad dressing over the unbuttered side of remaining bread; place buttered side up over cheese.In a small skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches on each side or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.








3 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with those "what God wants you to know" things. But here's what I'm thinking. In my opinion, those what God wants us to know have to be able to be validated by what is in the Bible because I know that contains what God wants us to know. I do know God wants us to know he loves us very much and he wants us to remember to love him back and love others like ourselves.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just never know how the words we say or write can affect someone. It's always a good thing to be encouraging and I think that is what is what God does for us each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Entry today and always Cindi.I am using your blog in my blog on SATURDAY. i WANT OTHERS TO SEE IT.

    DAD

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by.
I love hearing your comments, you can reply if you want.
Have a blessed day.